Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: add ace archive to unpack (Read 3787 times) previous topic - next topic

add ace archive to unpack

I have some archives in ace so could be usefull. And playing cue sheet + fullalbum mp3 from archive would be nice too

Reply #1
Why not convert them to WinRAR, you'll get a little better compression to boot, probably.

Reply #2
If by full album mp3s you mean albumwrap, dont use those, from what I know they are a very horrible thing. I would advise you to use RAR, but Ill assume your sharing those .aces in emule or something.

Reply #3
thats it

Reply #4
One problem with ACE is that there are no sources for the decoding routines (like ARJ, RAR, ZIP...). You must rely on e-merge's precompiled DLL. It can't be compiled inside foo_unpack, and that would probably make things clumsy.

Reply #5
rjamorim's post pretty much explains why ACE isn't supported. also, i've looked into ace dll and their api is really bad (taking char* filename as parameter, can't support unicode filenames or propertly hook to fb2k file readers) and ACE support in fb2k would have unfixable problems.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.