Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_new_file_stamper_mod (Read 24368 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

As promised here, I extracted the new file tagger from foo_cwb_hooks.

Download: [attachment=5214:foo_new_...mper_mod.7z]

It is only a maintenance release without any changes.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #1
As promised here, I extracted the new file tagger from foo_cwb_hooks.

You can download the component here.

It is only a maintenance release without any changes.

thank you for this.  it is exactly what I was looking for.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #2
oops, I just realized I also need the "Stamp Time and Date" function from cwb_hooks also.  Is this available from a different component?

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #3
I wasn't aware that such a function was available in foo_cwb_hooks. Unfortunately it is not a simple task to add this function to foo_new_file_stamper_mod, because it was based on an old masstager API inside the SDK. The API is not available anymore, probably because the masstagger component was declared as deprecated at about the same time the API was removed from the SDK. It is not impossible to reimplement this function, so I will have a look, what I can do. But don't expect this to be done in the near future.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #4
oops, I just realized I also need the "Stamp Time and Date" function from cwb_hooks also.  Is this available from a different component?

i'm also looking forward to the implementation of this feature since i dont know any other way of creating values for the %added% tag besides the official playback statistics component.
the downside of the official component is that as far as i know it also updates the %added% value when i move my files from on folder to another but i want to add the %added%-tag to my files only once when i first listen to them..

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #5
(...) i want to add the %added%-tag to my files only once when i first listen to them..

Sounds like you want %first_played% instead, which is also stored by the playback statistics component.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #6
ok, perhaps i should have written:
i want to add the %added%-tag to my files only once and the tag should be equal for all the files i add at a certain time (e.g. for all tracks of an album)
so the time of %added% and the time a track being first played differs since i add the added tag first and then listen to the tracks for the first time

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #7
i'd rather not use the playback statistics module, as it encodes the timestamp in win32 filetime, which is not human readable, and not compatible with various linux scripts i use.

so for now i am just using cwb_hooks.  works fine, except for the warning message.

i also realized there were a lot of great features in cwb_hooks -- like variables for the current playing playlist, playlist length, etc.  of course, they don't work anymore.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #8
uhh great, the new files tagger =D

thank you fbuser!

but i also "need" a variable for the current date + time to add it as %added% tag, so i can have a autoplaylist with all new added files - played or not played - like %cwb_systemdatetime%

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #9
Ladiko,

What's wrong with the official playcount component - mainly as it it is so much easier to save that info?

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #10
because:
* it writes the information on the first playback, so in real it is not the "added" tag but the "first played" tag
* it writes the information to a separate file and not to the file, this is why i use foo_playback_custom
* the timestamp tags of the official playcount are unreadable, but thats not the biggest problem
* i want to have an autoplaylist of all new to the media library added songs to play them - i dont want a autoplaylist of all first time played tracks

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #11
because:
* it writes the information on the first playback, so in real it is not the "added" tag but the "first played" tag
* i want to have an autoplaylist of all new to the media library added songs to play them - i dont want a autoplaylist of all first time played tracks

That's not correct. You have a %added% field in this component. It's the time that the file was first added to the database and NOT the time the file was first pllayed (that's %first_played%).

So you can do a search like:

%added% DURING LAST 1 WEEK SORT DESCENDING BY %added%

and you will get all the files that you added to the database in the last week

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #12
this would mean that all my tracks in the media library should have an %added% tag?! but if i configure Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties Dialog -> Standard fields to
Code: [Select]
Artist=ARTIST;Title=TITLE;Album=ALBUM;Track=TRACKNUMBER;Total Tracks=TOTALTRACKS;Disc=DISCNUMBER;Total Discs=TOTALDISCS;Date=DATE;Genre=GENRE;Comment=COMMENT;Album Artist=ALBUM ARTIST;Composer=COMPOSER;Performer=PERFORMER;Added=ADDED;First Played=FIRST_PLAYED;Last Played=LAST_PLAYED;Play Counter=PLAY_COUNTER
the property field "Added" is empty for a file that is in the monitored media library path since about 2 weeks?!

by the way, if it works: how to create a file tag from this media library meta tag?

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #13
this would mean that all my tracks in the media library should have an %added% tag?
by the way, if it works: how to create a file tag from this media library meta tag?

%ADDED_TIMESTAMP% it's the name of the field. A file tag? You mean writing in the file? If you synchronize (preferences--> advanced--> tools-->playback statistics) you will get what you want.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #14
ahh! i use Playback Statistics Custom - that's why i doesnt have an added date!?

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #16
everything i want is a variable for the current time 

everything else is only a workaround.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #18
ok now it's near!

Latest news
2009-06-21
Multiple optional components have been updated.
Masstagger (version 1.8.2): Added %now% in "format from other fields", various cosmetic changes.

1.) Masstager
clear all other actions
Add -> Format value from other field:
destination field name: ADDED
formatting pattern: $if2(%added%,%now%)
ok
name it f.e. "Add added date" in the lower part of the window and save it

2.) New file tagger
File -> Preferences -> Tools -> New File Tagger
Select "Tagging\Scripts\Add added date" from the list.

BUT: there is a bug!
it only shows the current time if you add or edit the tagging rule "format value from other field". if you load a saved script or just run it from the files context menu, it will only write ADDED="?"

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #19
ok now it's near!

Latest news
2009-06-21
Multiple optional components have been updated.
Masstagger (version 1.8.2): Added %now% in "format from other fields", various cosmetic changes.

1.) Masstager
clear all other actions
Add -> Format value from other field:
destination field name: ADDED
formatting pattern: $if2(%added%,%now%)
ok
name it f.e. "Add added date" in the lower part of the window and save it

2.) New file tagger
File -> Preferences -> Tools -> New File Tagger
Select "Tagging\Scripts\Add added date" from the list.

But there is a bug: Masstager 1.8.2 - Bug in new variable %now%

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #20
Bug fixed in Masstager 1.8.3

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #22
only tagging is possible.

foo_new_file_stamper_mod

Reply #24
ahh ok sorry, so it is capable of executing one context menu entry for the new files. so maybe it would be more helpful to have something like a makro recorder for foobar which also creates context menu entries that can be run by hand and by new files tagger?!