IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Lyrics don't appear in iTunes
Geordietastic
post Dec 27 2008, 04:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51417

i have a question about lyrics. after adding lyrics in foobar they dont appear in itunes, iam guessing theres a reason for this but is there anyway around it?

This post has been edited by davio28: Dec 27 2008, 19:33
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Geordietastic
post Dec 27 2008, 19:39
Post #2

Member No.: 51417

ok so how do i do that? when i open the properties panel there is no lyrics section until i add them from the lyrics plugin.

so what iam saying is i dont even know how to put a lyrics section in the properties box let alone an unsynced lyrics section.

iam guessing i need to go to options/advanced/display/properties dialog?

even if iam right i still dont know exactly how it should be added or if iam going to type it the right way!! what really confuses me is it allready say lyrics in there???
+Quote Post
ojdo
post Dec 27 2008, 19:58
Post #3

Member No.: 31980

QUOTE (davio28 @ Dec 27 2008, 19:39) *
even if iam right i still dont know exactly how it should be added or if iam going to type it the right way!! what really confuses me is it allready say lyrics in there???

The straightforward way is to
  1. Mark a file
  2. Open its properties dialog
  3. Click on "Tools", select "Add New Field"
  4. Enter the name "UNSYNCED LYRICS" and the desired value
The clue is that foobar allows you to define any attribute name you like. In this special case (UNSYNCED LYRICS), you create an attribute that is linked to an ID3 tag that is then read by iTunes.

If you don't want to always add the attribute name manually, go to: "Preferences > Advanced > Display + Properties dialog" and add the attribute to the list of "Standard fields" like this:
CODE
...;Lyrics=UNSYNCED LYRICS;...

To get a multiline textbox when activating the attribute in the properties dialog, add the attribute name to the list of "Multiline fields". Then the attribute is listed nicely among the other default field names.

Just to clarify: the same procedure can be used to introduce your own, custom attribute named "BLUB" which then is nicely displayed in the properties file dialog and can be accessed using %blub% through title formatting from anywhere else (playlists, facets, ...)

Edit: Corrected "unsynced". Sorry for that.

This post has been edited by ojdo: Dec 27 2008, 23:23

--------------------
http://freemusi.cc/
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:23