Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar crashes on file (Read 5970 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar crashes on file

I'm using Foobar a lot now, but on certain .ogg files, it crashes.

To be more specific:
at home I'm using Win2k (sp3), all files encoded with EAC / OggEnc1 (-q 4,99) and VorbisGained.
This behaviour happens from 0.5 to 0.56b.
When I put these file in the playlist, and the previous song is ended,  it plays fine. If I don't wait until the previous song is ended (press next) Foobar hangs (standard Windows error screen: FOOBAR.exe has created errors etc.)
This also happens when I double click a file, or when I select "play in foobar" from the context menu.
This does not happen under winXP, or at my school (also win2k)...

Example included: Error.ogg

This file is the smallest (+\- 0.6M ) I could find which shows this behaviour.

Can anyone shed a light on this, or is it just a case of installing Win2k again, or....

William
"Murphy was being optimistic"

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #1
I have W2K+SP3 too, but your file plays fine here with fb2k 0.57. Have you tried it with another audio player that supports ogg? btw, all these options you say like "play in foobar" from the context menu, I guess you used the installer, right? I use the zip file. Perhaps, try deleting the foobar.cfg file, so as to use the default configuration options?

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #2
can't reproduce
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #3
Evil Nickname, what DSP's are you using, and in what order?  I was able to reproduce the bug with these DSP settings (in order):

Advanced Limiter
Crossfeed

When I reversed the order of the DSP's, the crashing problems went away.  For those interested, I'm running w2kproSP3, with an Audigy1(.324 drivers) used for playback.

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #4
Evil Nickname, what DSP's are you using, and in what order?  I was able to reproduce the bug with these DSP settings (in order):

Advanced Limiter
Crossfeed

When I reversed the order of the DSP's, the crashing problems went away.  For those interested, I'm running w2kproSP3, with an Audigy1(.324 drivers) used for playback.

_random_ is right, it happened to me too.

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #6
You're right.  Just tested and confirmed your results

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #7
workedaround on both sides (modified limiter for 0.58 + supposedly fixed in latest crossfeed)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #8
_random_ that's indeed the order of my DSP's.
This file (and others with the same problem) worked fine with winamp

I'll change the settings when I get home, update my crossfeed, and when I get back (don't have an internet connection at home yet) I'll let you all now.

Thanks for now, and I really apreciate the effort!

William

Foobar crashes on file

Reply #9
Changed the order, updated the crossfeed... works like a charm!

Thanks again for the support, I really wouldn't have known what to do without it....

William