Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD burning initialization failed (Read 118791 times) previous topic - next topic

CD burning initialization failed

Reply #75
I am getting "Audio CD burning process failed: Device is becoming ready (0xC0AA0205)" each time i try to burn a CD.
Only one time though for each CD and if i try to burn it again it will work. So it's more an annoyance than a real problem.
It doesn't seem to matter how long the CDR is in the drive (since that is what the error code suggests). Tried it right after inserting the CDR and also after waiting for a while with the same result.
foo_burninate 3.0.1, LG GSA-H42N DVD drive, XP SP3, foobar 0.9.6.9

Reply #76
I, too, am experiencing problems with the new foo_burnirate.dll and have reverted to the older DLL with success.  Plextor DVDR PX-740A
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #77
Audio CD burning process failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA0610)

Geting this when attempting to burn c.d

OS - Windows 7

Reply #79
Well I just downloaded the latest version of Foobar and the identical error arises when attempting to burn a CD.

I recently added an HP DVD1170d external burner to my Windows XP Professional with service pack 3 update on HP DV5167D Notebook.  I downloaded Foobar Version 1.0 Beta 6 and found that CDwriter successfully burned ultra speed 16x-24x cd-rw to the HPDVD1170d.  I'm exceedingly grateful to be able to burn through Foobar. 

CDwriter still does not burn to my internal DVD burner (TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M) and so I assume an incompatibility issue exists and I care not to pursue a cure. 

If my memory serves me well, I had tried to burn on my new HP DVD1170d and failed prior to downloading Foobar version 1.0 beta 6.  I got the same error as with the internal DVD burner. 

Thank you to all at Foobar for their wonderful product.

Reply #80
I'm on Windows 7 now and get the 0xC0AA0208 error trying to burn with my NEC OEM 2500A dvd burner.

I'd love to volunteer my time as a tester--IMO this is a crucial feature of foobar2000 so it's important to make it work, no?

Reply #81
NEC-Optiarc-7203S (SATA) + CD-RW Disk Verbatim 32x 700MB
Windows XP SP3 with installed IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe
foobar2000 1.0 + foo_burninate 3.0.2, released on 2010-01-18

Audio CD burning process failed: Unsupported recorder mode (0xC0AA0208)
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #82
Just reporting on the solution I found when I had the 0xC0AA0208 error.

On Win7 with a LG GH22NS50, it turned out that the original firmware for the drive didn't support windows 7 properly. Lucky for me there was a firmware update that added "windows 7 support."

So check, but I don't advise to update your firmware unless it specifically states that it fixes the problem as it could brick your drive if the update fails.

Reply #83
I'm getting the same error with foo_burninate on Foobar 0.9.6.5:

MATSHITA DVD+-RW UJ-857G ATA device
Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell XPS 1330.

I don't have any extra CD burning software installed, and the CD burns data discs fine from within the native W7 burning interface.
Windows reports that I have the most current driver installed for the burner.
foo_burninate worked perfectly on this device with Vista SP2, either with the earlier version (which required Nero 6) or the later standalone version.

I have tried different versions of the foo_burninate file, and (with the latest dll) Foobar now reports:

Failed to load DLL: foo_burninate.dll
Reason: The specified procedure could not be found.

I have tried removing the dll, restarting and closing FB2000, rebooting and copying the dll back etc...

Reply #84
i'm having the same problem on winxp pro sp3 with IMAPIv2 redistributable package installed.. have the most recent version of fubar2000 (1.0.3) and burninate (3.0.2). I'm able to burn CDs fine with windows media player.. so i don't think it's a burner issue.

anyone ever figure it out?

Reply #85
EDIT: OK, sorry, ignore the below. There seem to be something from Microsoft to download and install.
----------
My setup:
Foobar v1.1
Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) 3.0.2
Windows XP SP3
NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A

Error message:

Any progress in solving this issue?

Best regards,
SQ

Reply #86
I installed the IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe and I have an Intel P4. I still the get same error message.

----------
My setup:
Foobar v1.1
Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) 3.0.2
Windows XP SP3
NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A

Error message:

Any progress in solving this issue?

Best regards,
SQ

Reply #87
DVDRAM GH22NNS50, Win 7 x64

Audio CD burning process failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA0909)

Both old and new plugins epic fail.

Reply #88
Same problem as Beavis04.
win7, 64bit, no nero.

Still no solution?

Reply #89
Same problem as Beavis04.
win7, 64bit, no nero.

Still no solution?

I have similar problem running win7 with the latest foobar. at times works fine, other times give me this message:

CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)

I am using CD-Rw with HP DVD-R sata drive.
Daniel

Reply #90
CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)[/color]

System: Dell Inspiron 546  AMD Athlon II x4 2.80 GHz
Memory: 4.0 GB (3.75 usable)
foobar 1.1.1
Writer: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G ATA Device

The unfortunate problem with this error is that it is an introduced error.  Hopefully it will soon be fixed and I can go back to using this software as the "all-in-one" package it has been for me since 2002.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #91
Upgraded (sic) to Windows 7 (32) and got the same error message on installing fooburniate v. 3.01: "CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)"
Windows 7 comes installed with IMAPI version 2, so no need to download this dll.

Just switched to old version of foo_burniate, and DVD burner works fine. No more error message.

Seems like the issue is the new version of foo_burniate

Also, for Windows 7, make sure you "unblock" the zip file before installing it.

Reply #92
Hello, I've installed last Foobar version recently on Win7 64bit and got the 0xC0AA0202 ("there is no media in the device") problem when burning CD. Strange enough, cause the CD "IS" in the drive and apparently it have some record on it - but it doesn't work neither. I googled and found this (Microsoft) article. I've got no programming skills so I'm not able to understand if it have something to do with the subject discused here. Just asking.
Oh, and a shy question: is there any recent development of foo_burninate to solve this issue? I really miss this plugin and I don't want to use the older version, as I want to avoid installing Nero (free or not) to my PC.
Thanks in advance for any answer!
Is there a difference between yes and no?

Reply #93
so.... it's September 2011. Long time to wait for a fix.

old version of foo_burniate (v2.0.1) works, thanks for posting that.

However, it is not the perfect solution for me, as it would be great to have the newest version working (especially since i want this to work on a portable installation of foobar on an external USB - not all (not any?) computers it will be used on can be guaranteed to have Nero installed).

My specs:

HARDWARE
Laptop: SONY Vaio VPCX128LG, no optical drive
Optical drive: SONY DVD RW DRX-S70U (external via USB)

SOFTWARE
Foobar: 1.1.8 (portable installation on external USB drive)
Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate): 3.0.3

Error on selecting "Write Audio CD..."
"CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)"
- no effect disabling virtual drives
- no need to install IMAPI, as I am running Windows 7

Reply #94
Another one.

My setup:
Foobar v1.1.8
foo_burninate 3.0.3
Windows 7 x64 SP1
NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A

STRs:
Add desired MP3 files to Playlist View panel
Select all
Right click | Convert | Write Audio CD... |

ReplayGain - unchecked
DSP Processing - unchecked
Dither - unchecked
Burn Gaplessly - unchecked or checked

Click OK

Returns error message:

Happens on NEC firmware 1.01 and 1.04, with and without virtual drives disabled (DaemonTools Lite 4.35.6.0091)

Tried it with the earlier version of foo_burninate that does not require Nero, same.

Can manually recreate playlists as .cue files and burn using ImgBurn, but, ugh.  Would love to see a fix, please advise if I can help.

Reply #95
Update: dug out an old LITE-ON LTR-40125S CD burner (no DVD capability) and it works fine, same media, etc.  Looks like it's the NEC that is the problem, which was strongly hinted at upthread.  I do seem to recall getting it for really cheap at the time...

Reply #96
In case it's of help: I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread -

In foobar2000, when selecting Right-click/Convert/Write to CD, I was getting the error:
[blockquote]CD burning initialization failed: No recording devices found[/blockquote]
I was not running foobar2000 with admin privileges. When run with admin privileges, foobar2000 found my DVD drive and went on to successfully create an audio CD.

Windows XP SP3.
foobar2000 v1.2.9
foo_burninate.fb2k-component installed.
Microsoft Windows Feature Pack For Storage 1.0 installed.