Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Xchange v3 (Read 333735 times) previous topic - next topic

Xchange v3

Reply #675
Should be fixed with new upload (v3.5.0.1)

NB: new WSH panel Mod 1.1.10 beta 8 released by T.P Wang, update to it if you have problems with beta 7.

Now works with radio streams but... the seek bar vanish after started one and don't come back with normal tracks then, until restart.
I think i must wait some other beta of WSH.
Anyway, many thanks and great work as always! 

Xchange v3

Reply #676
if the seekbar vanished, it's my coding in cause... a case not tested maybe. could you check the trace in the console when it happens and send the console log to e please... there mist be an error message about the line number in error.

thanx

Xchange v3

Reply #677
thank you Falstaff
great update

Xchange v3

Reply #678
If no display cover art then collapse group

So it should be ?

Xchange v3

Reply #679
Great release, Falstaff

I'm running Windows 7 Professional (German RTM). So far there are no show-stopping bugs.

There are some minor bugs:
- moodbar does not work when path to music file contains spaces (path to music file should be encapsulated with " ")
- the window isn't positioned correctly if you are in Mini mode and switch to Fullscreen mode or Art mode. (it is shifted downwards)

Some suggestions:
- how about adding the new panel icons to the title bar of opened panels? That way, it would be easier to learn which window has which icon. (maybe with an option to deactivate them, for those who prefer a slick interface)
- how about adding a tooltip to every button/checkbox/etc, describing its function? (once again, maybe with an option to deactivate it). This should help new users to get started with Xchange more quickly.

Thanks for your great work!

EDIT:
with moodbar there also seems to be a character encoding problem.
E.g. I have the file
Code: [Select]
P:\Users\Klaus\Music\Yann Tiersen\Die fabelhafte Welt der Amélie\01 J'y suis jamais allé.mp3

If I open moodbar\foobar.bat, I see the following, which looks fine:
P:\Users\Klaus\Music\Yann Tiersen\Die fabelhafte Welt der Amélie\01 J'y suis jamais allé.mp3

However, moodbar shows the following error:
mp3: file/path not found. Got: "P:\Users\Klaus\Music\Yann Tiersen\Die fabelhafte
Welt der Am┌lie\01 J'y suis jamais all┌.mp3"

After opening the batch file in a text editor and saving it with Codepage 850 (OEM -Multilingual Latin I) the batch file was executed correctly.

After that I tested a file with japanese characters in the filename. It crashed the whole seekbar (just vanished from the foobar window). This time, to moodbar\foobar.bat was completly empty.

Xchange v3

Reply #680
Love the new version of Xchange! Thanks!

Although - is there any easy way to change the color of the date, bitrate and genre (under the name of the artist and album)? I hate the default one...
I've got one more question - is it possible to change the path for where the moodbar saves the png-file? I don't want a bunch of png-files in my music folders, I want all of them in like My Documents/Foobar2000/Moodbar... something like that, hope it's possible to do that.

Not possible to do this... or did you just miss the post? Hope it's the later one.

Xchange v3

Reply #682
if the seekbar vanished, it's my coding in cause... a case not tested maybe. could you check the trace in the console when it happens and send the console log to e please... there mist be an error message about the line number in error.

thanx

Hi Falstaff,
Here the log:

Skip Track called
Opening track for playback: "http://94.232.114.240:9200/"
No source info
Error: WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x001b0310): Run-time error of Microsoft JScript:
Unable to find file
Ln: 728, Col: 2

Thanx

Xchange v3

Reply #683

EDIT:
E.g. I have the file

mp3: file/path not found. Got: "P:\Users\Klaus\Music\Yann Tiersen\Die fabelhafte
Welt der Am?lie\01 J'y suis jamais all?.mp3"

After opening the batch file in a text editor and saving it with Codepage 850 (OEM -Multilingual Latin I) the batch file was executed correctly.

After that I tested a file with japanese characters in the filename. It crashed the whole seekbar (just vanished from the foobar window). This time, to moodbar\foobar.bat was completly empty.

Moodbar is still experimental, works fine with japanese characters for me (Seven RC1) but some special characters can make moodbar stop.

Path for folder with space should work, i convert path (long name) to short name to fix this pb ... i'll investigate ASAP

Xchange v3

Reply #684
Could some one do me a favour and paste the JS script for the chronflow as my pdf reader screwed the pooch and won't copy it right.

Is it possible to get the moodbar to start automatically instead of hitting the button all the time?

Can anyone do this for me?

Xchange v3

Reply #685
// Author: mil3s (moded by br3tt for point of view)

// General Notes:
// Most of these functions return an array with 3 elements
// These are the x,y,z coordinates in 3d-space
// x is left to right
// y is bottom to top
// z is front to back

var coverSpacing = 0.18;

/************************* COVER DISPLAY *****************/
// These functions define the Display of the single Covers
// The given parameter coverId is a floating point number.
// It is 0 for the center cover, 1 for the one right
// beneath it, -1 for the one on the left side and so on.
// During movement the values float between the integer
// values.
function coverPosition(coverId){
var x, y, z;
y = 0;
if (Math.abs(coverId) <= 1){ // The centered cover
z = 4 + 0.5 * (1 - Math.abs(coverId));
x = coverId * 0.895;
} else { // The covers on the side
z = 4 - (Math.abs(coverId)-1) * 0.01;
x = 0.895 + coverSpacing * (Math.abs(coverId)-1);
if (coverId < 0)
x *= -1;
}
return new Array(x, y, z);
}

// return array is (angle, x, y, z) - this rotates
// the cover *angle* degrees around the vector (x,y,z)
// With (0,0,0,0) the cover is parallel to the x-y-Plane
function coverRotation(coverId){
var angle;
if (Math.abs(coverId) < 1){ // The centered cover
angle = coverId * -60;
} else { // The covers on the side
if (coverId > 0)
angle = -60;
else
angle = 60;
}
return new Array(angle, 0, .70, 0);
}

// Defines the the size boundaries for the cover.
// Aspect ratio is preserved.
// Return Array is (widht, height)
function coverSizeLimits(coverId){
return new Array(1, 1);
}

// Sets which point of the cover coverPosition() defines
// (-1,-1) means bottom left, (0,0) means center,
// (1,1) means top right, (0, -1) means bottom center etc.
// The cover is also rotated around this point.
function coverAlign(coverId){
return new Array(0, -1);
}

// Defines the range of covers to draw.
// Return array is (leftmostCover, rightmostCover)
// This interval shouldn't be larger than 80
// The center cover is 0.
function drawCovers(){
return new Array(-35, 35);
}

// In which direction should the fov be expanded/shrinked
// when the panel is resized?
// If this returns (0,1), the height is fixed.
// If this returns (1,0), the width is fixed.
// You can also return stuff like (0.5,0.5) or (7, 3)
// The values determine how important it is for this
// dimension to stay fixed.
function aspectBehaviour(){
return new Array(0, 1);
}

/************************** CAMMERA SETUP ****************/
// Position of the viewport
function eyePos(){
return new Array(0, 0.90, 5.9);
}
// Defines the point for the eye to look at
function lookAt(){
return new Array(-0.0, -0.65, 0.4);
}
// Used to rotate the view.
// The returned Vector points upwards in the viewport.
// This vector must not be parallel to the line of sight from the
// eyePos point to the lookAt point.
function upVector(){
return new Array(0, 1, 0);
}

/************************** MIRROR SETUP *****************/
function showMirrorPlane(){
return true; // return false to hide the mirror
}
// Any Point on the Mirror Plane
function mirrorPoint (){
return new Array(0, 0, 0);
}
// Normal of the Mirror Plane
function mirrorNormal (){
return new Array(0, 1, 0);
}

Xchange v3

Reply #686
First of all, thanks for the great config!

I have a question/bug report about Shpeck. With earlier versions of Xchange, there was an empty area at the top right corner that we could right click to change Shpeck settings. I haven't been able to locate it with 3.5, and was wondering if it has been removed? If so, was it intentional? Also, at the playlist group header, date gets cut off if its longer than 4 characters.

Finally, a feature request  I would appreciate it if we could get back the tech info at the bottom of the Spectrum panel, since I was hoping to hide the tech section of Track Info panel.

Xchange v3

Reply #687
explaination is done on DA page :

Finally, a feature request biggrin.gif I would appreciate it if we could get back the tech info at the bottom of the Spectrum panel, since I was hoping to hide the tech section of Track Info panel.

if i've removed these info, it's because they are now available in the scrolling text under the seekbar, just double click the scrolling text to switch info

Xchange v3

Reply #688
D'oh  I took a look at the pdf in the zip file, but it didn't occur to me to read the DA page. Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Xchange v3

Reply #689
sorry, i should put this in the manual, you're right, but i was lazy

i repeat answer of your 2nd question :
I've removed tech info from Spectrum panel because they are now available in the scrolling text under the seekbar, just double click the scrolling text to switch info

Xchange v3

Reply #690
If no display cover art then collapse group
[a href="http://img190.imageshack.us/i/95560056.png/" target="_blank"]

Hmm, i can't reproduce it , all is fine for me, even if no cover and group collapsed and playing a track from this group,

gimme more information, is it with all groups ? only some ? ... ?

Xchange v3

Reply #691
Falstaff, I'm no expert of your config, but could it be that it's a long album name that's causing the overlap?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Xchange v3

Reply #692
no.

ok, i've found how to get it, it happens when no cover is set in settings and group collapsed. i'll fix it.

Will be fixed in the next build (v3.5.1) which will be released tonight or tomorrow ...

Xchange v3

Reply #693
There are some minor bugs:
- moodbar does not work when path to music file contains spaces (path to music file should be encapsulated with " ")
E.g. I have the file

Welt der Am?lie\01 J'y suis jamais all?.mp3"

it's weird, normally, in foobar.bat, all the path must be in SHORT name to allow Moodbar to work with long filenames/folder names
it seems that jscript file commands don't work on your system, and it return the long name always!

for this file :
Z:\MP3\A\Asian Kung-Fu Generation\unknow album (2008)\ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - 10 - ???????????.mp3

i obtain this command, which is fine for moodbar.exe :

C:\Users\Br3tt\FOOBAR~1\moodbar\moodbar.exe -r -p -c:3 -h:2 -w:1024 -mp3:Z:\MP3\A\ASIANK~1\UNKNOW~1\AS505A~1.MP3

sorry, can't help because can't reproduce this problem that looks specific ...??

what is your windows version Xp, Vista, Seven (x32 or x64?) ?

Xchange v3

Reply #694
On startup:

WSH Panel Mod
Init Scripting Engine Failed (HWND: 0x16078e, CODE: 0x8000ffff): fatal error

WindowsXP
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod 1.1.10 Beta 8
Xc_3.5.0.1

Xchange v3

Reply #695
On startup:

WSH Panel Mod
Init Scripting Engine Failed (HWND: 0x16078e, CODE: 0x8000ffff): fatal error

WindowsXP
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod 1.1.10 Beta 8
Xc_3.5.0.1

you should post the entire dump in the WSH Panel Mod Topic, we can't help here.

Xchange v3

Reply #696
v3.5.1 released

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Xchange-v3-5-1-130750625

- Quick Manual updated!
- bug fixed in ELP group header for small group collapsed and cover Art disabled ("play button was overlapping album info!)
- moodbar : jscript modified to delete *.mood files left in the music folder (.mood file allow to generate the .png file!)
- elplaylist cosmetic changes (cleaner)

Xchange v3

Reply #697
And the .fcl without the Explorer Tree?

Xchange v3

Reply #699
Thank you, it's working perfect.