Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convolver CD de-emphasis impulsefile (Read 13471 times) previous topic - next topic

Convolver CD de-emphasis impulsefile

an impulse file to use with foobar convolver for example to do de-emphasis on CDs that were recorded with pre-emphasis, should be highly accurate

It is old and not based on the Waves impulsefile that was floating around.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #1
A simpler solution: foobar EQ de-emphasis preset
Ceterum censeo, there should be an "%is_stop_after_current%".

Reply #2
Deemphasis impulse file generated by SoX: [attachment=7353:deemph_SoX.wav]

Simpler, but also less accurate (green line  - SoX, red - impulse from Wombat, yellow - fb2k eq.):

Reply #3
Deemphasis impulse file generated by SoX: [attachment=5542:deemph44.wav]

Simpler, but also less accurate (green line  - SoX, red - impulse from Wombat, yellow - fb2k eq.):

Wow. You're right. I thought that foobar eq worked differently using smooth interpolation between center frequencies of bands. I should have checked it

Reply #4
Now, there is no quick way to enable/disable the convolver from the UI, like I can do with the eq. One has to go through preferences, DSP, etc. So I converted my pre-emphasized ogg to FLAC while convolving it with your impulse file, and I got rid of all the hassle at the expense of losing 200 MB of disk space :-).

Thanks again for showing me the frequency response of the eq, and for providing impulse files.

Reply #5
Now, there is no quick way to enable/disable the convolver from the UI, like I can do with the eq. One has to go through preferences, DSP, etc.

Save it as DSP preset and pin it to button or shortcut (in latest betas)

Reply #6
Now, there is no quick way to enable/disable the convolver from the UI, like I can do with the eq. One has to go through preferences, DSP, etc.

Save it as DSP preset and pin it to button or shortcut (in latest betas)

As I said, I already chose another solution. But out of curiosity - will this give me feedback so I can easily tell if the DSP is on or off?

Reply #7
If you shift-click playback menu, active DSP is ticked in DSP settings submenu

Reply #8
I uploaded the sample for Aquares mostly. If he could find some time he may compare it like the other ones here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=65067&st=0
Of cause we still don´t know how exact this Denon sourced reference file is but it may be fun.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!