Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Win7 x64, WME x64 and WMCmd.vbs not working with foobar2000 (Read 5301 times) previous topic - next topic

Win7 x64, WME x64 and WMCmd.vbs not working with foobar2000

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why I'm having trouble using WMCmd.vbs as a encoder in foobar2000 (x86) is because foobar2000 isn't properly looking in the x64 folder, rather the x86 folder for the script during execution? I have the encoder setting entered properly and it works from the command line, just not in foobar2000:

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs
wma
-a_setting Q100_44_2_16 -a_mode 2 -a_codec WMA9LSL -input %s -output %d
Lossless

foobar2000 is able to properly browse the 64-bit Program Files folder but I think it's not properly executing the script from the regular folder. Could this be the problem? The output I'm getting from foobar2000 is:

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "D:\music2\internet\torrent\Orbital\Orbital 2 (Brown Album)\09 - Halcyon + On + On.flac"
  An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "D:\music2\transcode\Orbital\Orbital 2 (Brown Album)\09 Halcyon + On + On.wma"
  Conversion failed: Object not found

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder>cscript WMCmd.vbs -a_setting Q
100_44_2_16 -a_mode 2 -a_codec WMA9LSL -input "D:\Orbital\Orbital 2 (Brown Album
)\09 Halcyon + On + On.wav" -output D:\temp.wma
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

..25%..50%..75%..100%.
======== Encoding Completed ========

Audio :
        Codec: Windows Media Audio 9.2 Lossless
        Average bit rate:       954567 bps
        Expected sample rate:   1196
        Average sample rate:    8921
        Dropped byte count:     0 bytes
        Dropped sample rate:    0
        Total bytes:            67677500 bytes

Overall:
        Encoding time:          9 seconds
        Average bit rate:       954567 bps
        File size:              67841793 bytes
        File duration:          567.912 seconds

It's as if the encoder isn't being executed and no output is being created. Or maybe I'm way off. Anyone know what might be going wrong here?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Windows Media Encoder 9 x64: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder
foobar2000 0.9.6.9: C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000

Reply #1
If you still have the same issue you can try this little tool. Define runx64.exe as Encoder and move cscript.exe to your parameters and things should start working.

Reply #2
There was an advice to use "c:\windows\sysnative\cscript.exe" so encoder settings should be:

c:\WINDOWS\sysnative\cscript.exe
wma
"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -a_setting Q100_44_2_16 -a_mode 2 -a_codec WMA9LSL -input %s -output %d
Lossless