Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2 (Read 480599 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2

Reply #400
After some weeks i tried the latest foo_uie_lyrics2 0.4.6.12 and i also still get random freezes on track change.
The lyrics panel tries to load the lyrics which causes foobar2000 to freeze and request to terminate (without a crashlog).
After deleting foo_uie_lyrics2 from my config all is fine again.

(Windows 7 64bit, CUI)

Reply #401
After some weeks i tried the latest foo_uie_lyrics2 0.4.6.12 and i also still get random freezes on track change.
The lyrics panel tries to load the lyrics which causes foobar2000 to freeze and request to terminate (without a crashlog).

(Windows 7 64bit, CUI)

I also keep having the same symptoms - freeze/crash on track change (no matter whether I change to the next track or simply the time comes for the next track to play) without a crashlog. One thing peculiar is that I have exactly the same configuration (Windows 7 64bit, CUI) and that not so many people complain of this problem (probably due to using other OS). So the problem may be OS related...

Reply #402

(Windows 7 64bit, CUI)

I also keep having the same symptoms - freeze/crash on track change (no matter whether I change to the next track or simply the time comes for the next track to play) without a crashlog. One thing peculiar is that I have exactly the same configuration (Windows 7 64bit, CUI) and that not so many people complain of this problem (probably due to using other OS). So the problem may be OS related...

Actually, I use Windows Vista, and have the same problem you just described. I usually restart foobar and pickup where i left off to lyrics-tag my songs and it works fine for a while but will generally crash - eventually - after a bunch of lyrics have been tagged to songs - usually it crashes just before any lyrics actually show it. The music will continue to play - but foobar gets unresponsive requiring a manual closing of the program and subsequent restart.

Reply #403
After some weeks i tried the latest foo_uie_lyrics2 0.4.6.12 and i also still get random freezes on track change. [...]
(Windows 7 64bit, CUI)

Same here...

Reply #404
just had my first hard foobar crash with 0.4.6.12, Win7 64bit on both my machines with fb2k v1 DUI, i think i must have paused a track just before the track change (using a global keyboard shortcut, foobar was in the background).
when i used the keyboard shortcut to unpause it promptly locked up solid.  i ran the troubleshooter after reloading so you should get the dumps from it.

i should note i have the lyrics plugin set to "Don't Save".  i don't allow any tag updating from playback stats, ratings, etc etc either.
[edit-removed quotes]

Reply #405
I just have one small request.

Could you make the component not check for new lyrics if there are lyrics already tagged to the song?

the way it behaves now is very annoying when you have songs that have similar names.

e.g. Another Brick in the Wall Pt. I, II & III
even though I have tagged the correct lyrics to each song the component still downloads and display lyrics that do not match the song..

Reply #406
Still nothing.I keep trying

i will add some debug code into the next release, so we can get to the cause of this problem

I would like to make a small request, the possibility to choose what tipe of cover to display. For instance I would like to see artist cover in background and not the "hardcoded" front cover.

Nice component ;)

thanks ;)

advanced cover support is planned (ability to choose which to display, possibility to automatically scroll through them)

I'd like to second that request for advanced cover options and I'm glad it's planned whenever possible. My naming artwork scheme is 'something Front something.jpg', 'something Back something.jpg', etc and it will work for me if wild cards are supported, e.g. *Front*.jpg. The support of embedded artwok is great.

Unlimited thanks to Michael87. Fabulous work.

Reply #407
Question 1:
When no lyrics for a certain song were found in the online databases, I manually created a textfile with the exact name and in the exact location where the component would have automatically saved it. Into this file, I pasted the lyrics from a different source. The component doesnt seem to "notice" this and does not load the file... do I need to manually associate lyrics files each time none are found?

Question 2:
Where are these manual associations saved?

Thanks!

Reply #408
as above.
I found the exact same problem. I expected it to pick up the file contents the next time I played the track - it didn't. The only way I could get it to recognise the file was to manually associate it.

This, to me, is a bug.

Reply #409
Mine all work just fine, though I have not had a need to manually created a lyric file while using the recent version.

Did you try the context menu - reload lyric - in order to bypass cache?

terry

Reply #410
Is there a pre-fb2k v1.0 version in which runtime error crashes were already fixed?

Reply #411
I just have one small request.

Could you make the component not check for new lyrics if there are lyrics already tagged to the song?

the way it behaves now is very annoying when you have songs that have similar names.

e.g. Another Brick in the Wall Pt. I, II & III
even though I have tagged the correct lyrics to each song the component still downloads and display lyrics that do not match the song..

Here here! I got several tracks in several albums which have tracks like "Name", "Name ~Remix~" and "Name ~Instrumental~" and it keeps picking the "Name" track's lyrics for both the "~Remix~" and "~Instrumental~" tracks. And well, that doesn't quite work. I tend not to save the lyrics to tags, instead using the files in the lyrics directory. I've tried changing the fuzzy search slider to no effect.
"It's the panties fault! The panties made me a pervert!"

Reply #412

(Windows 7 64bit, CUI)

I had similar problem with both CUI and DUI on  XP 32bit. Had to remove this component  I hope this will get fixed...
Cant wait for 0.4.7 with lyricsplugin support 

Reply #413
unfortunetly the latest build is very unstable for me, been getting 3-4 crashes a day which generally occur on track change so no crash dump is made.
also, disable association still doesnt appear to work for me.
thank you for your continued support, look forward to seeing this becoming stable enough to stay permanent in my config

Reply #414
Just wanted to add that I'm getting the crashes too.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Foobar2000 v1
Default UI

I've also disabled the component awaiting an update.

Reply #415
Thank you for all your feedback!

To provide you with the best lyrics component & enhance the features futhermore, I have decided to stop developing foo_uie_lyrics2.

It will be replaced by foo_display_lyrics, a complete redesign and rewrite of the old one.

The first release is sheduled for March 2010 (in about ~4 weeks).

See you then!

Greetings,
Michael

Reply #416
Thank you, Michael. But could you please fix just one freezing issue in the latest version of this plugin, so we can use relatively stable build until we can switch to the new plugin?

Reply #417
Great work on the component Michael. I'm also experiencing freezing issues however.

Switched back to 0.4.6.10 and there isn't a problem. Not that the bugs fixed after 0.4.6.10 was affecting me...so, if anyone doesn't care about those two bugs fixed, then do a switch back

"0.4.6.12
- fixed saved lyrics not getting displayed first when loaded from cache
- fixed some images not getting resized correctly"
:)

Reply #418
agreed, i don't use the fixes/features in .10,.11, or .12, so i switched back to .9.

so far so good.  thanks again Michael, looking forward to March.

Reply #419
Sounds good, a clean slate giving  a component that performs and doesn't have crash probs.. Can't wait  .,. (back to .10 meantime)

Reply #420
I'm also experiencing freezing issues however.

Switched back to 0.4.6.10 and there isn't a problem.

Switched back to 0.4.6.10 too. Unfortunately, the freezing problem is still present. I will try older versions one by one until I find the most stable one...

Reply #421
Feature suggestion:

1. Ability to disable lookup and/or saving of lyrics for files not within the media library.
2. Ability to disable lookup and/or saving of lyrics for online streams and web radios.

Thanks!

Reply #422
well, so much for that. just had a crash on 0.4.6.9.

longshot, but i'm thinking maybe the lyrics2 plugin was reacting badly to either the old 2.3.1.2 version of foo_audioscrobbler.dll (official from last.fm) or foo_popupplus.dll...so for now i've taken out those to plugins on both of my foobar configs.  for now I switched to florian's foo_audioscrobbler.dll v1.4.6 and will live without popupplus, i guess.

i also had two instances of the lyrics2 panel in my config, so i went back down to just 1.
hopefully that will get me by fairly crash free until the new version.

anyone else have updates on which version maybe the most crash free.

also, would be curious if others seeing the crashes might have the above plug-ins running.

Reply #423
I cannot get this component to save to the <UNSYNCED LYRICS> field aka the USLT frame. I have configured the plugin to save unsynched lyrics to the "UNSYNCED LYRICS" field however it's always saved in the <UNSYNCEDLYRICS> field. As a result when I sync with foo_dop the lyrics don't appear on my ipod because they are in the wrong field. How do I fix this?

Reply #424
I cannot get this component to save to the <UNSYNCED LYRICS> field aka the USLT frame. I have configured the plugin to save unsynched lyrics to the "UNSYNCED LYRICS" field however it's always saved in the <UNSYNCEDLYRICS> field. As a result when I sync with foo_dop the lyrics don't appear on my ipod because they are in the wrong field. How do I fix this?

What file types are you using?  I can get it to work fine with FLAC and MP3, but if I recall correctly the MP4 (Apple) files ended up not showing up on my iPod because fb2k maps to a different frame....

I have this component setup to send unsynced to UNSYNCED LYRICS and it works fine for me all the way through to the iPod with foo_dop.  Double check your settings.