Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 797228 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #800
It seems that I can go all the way down to level 1 compression and still retain the same compression rate. I'll remove the cached encoder as it doesn't have too much of a beneficial effect.
The benchmark results following are for decompressing and recompressing the first 500 tracks of my collection with LZMA2.

Code: [Select]
Benchmark completed in 2.481 seconds. Level 1 - cached encoder.
Benchmark completed in 6.16 seconds. Level 1 - fresh encoder.
Benchmark completed in 45.396 seconds. Level 6 - cached encoder.

lzma min/max/rms: μ=10649.8,σ=1932.82 / μ=10616.3,σ=1930.87 / μ=13211.4,σ=733.734
zlib min/max/rms: μ=11989.2,σ=1867.41 / μ=11990.4,σ=1856.33 / μ=14207.1,σ=552.998
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #801
0.2.13.8 should solve this "leak".
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #802
In 0.2.13.8 the current position marker doesn't run smoothly when Direct3D 9.0c is being used. GDI runs better, Direct2D 1.0 yields perfect results.

Another little bug: The button "Frontend settings…" is active when opening the preferences even when having chosen GDI or Direct2D 1.0 (but it gets deactivated when choosing one of those options).

Requests:
  • Let the waveform seekbar become a possible target for drag & dropping tracks, just as the statusbar
  • Move "Remove Seekbar Signature" context menu entry to the Utilities submenu

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #803
Does the unsmoothness change if you adjust the advanced preference "Tools -> Waveform Seekbar -> Percentage of base display rate"?

Fixed for the future:
It seems that D3D accidentally updates at 10Hz instead of the intended 100Hz.
Frontend settings button now behaves.
Extract/Remove is now under Utilities.

I'm deferring the "drop target" part, as I don't have a clue how to implement one of those, nor what to call in foobar to pass the track on.
Not to mention, I'm not quite sure that it's a good thing to make arbitrary UI elements accept things they don't really care about. Especially as this limits me from ever doing anything on my own with dropped things.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #804
I agree (with Dexter_prog's issue)! The memory usage is now (after about 2 hours) at 250MB. Before updating this component, it sticked at about 35MB.

[Edit:] Oh! I missed one update. Now it's better. After 3 tracks my memory is still at about 60MB.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #805
Indeed that setting betters the stuttering to a certain degree.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #806
Does the unsmoothness change if you adjust the advanced preference "Tools -> Waveform Seekbar -> Percentage of base display rate"?

Fixed for the future:
It seems that D3D accidentally updates at 10Hz instead of the intended 100Hz.
Frontend settings button now behaves.
Extract/Remove is now under Utilities.

I'm deferring the "drop target" part, as I don't have a clue how to implement one of those, nor what to call in foobar to pass the track on.
Not to mention, I'm not quite sure that it's a good thing to make arbitrary UI elements accept things they don't really care about. Especially as this limits me from ever doing anything on my own with dropped things.

Cool! Like the newly smooth position marker.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #807
Working fine for me now.

Tack så mycket

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #808
0.2.13.9 seems to have a serious issue here.

I'm getting this error message for a file:

Startup time : 0:00.216576
Seekbar: taking Direct3D9 path.
Watching: D:\Music
Seekbar: Frontend initialized.
Opening track for playback: "D:\Downloads\Damaged_Minds_Dubstep_Mix_09_11.mp3"
Properties dialog refresh: 0:00.000035
Properties dialog display refresh: 0:00.000566
Wave cache: generic exception (bad allocation) for "D:\Downloads\Damaged_Minds_Dubstep_Mix_09_11.mp3"
Wave cache: generic exception (bad allocation) for "D:\Downloads\Damaged_Minds_Dubstep_Mix_09_11.mp3"

No waveform appearing too

Never had this with version 0.2.12!

Edit: With manually "Extract seekbar signature" and restarting foobar2000 1.1.7 I now got the waveform displayed. Why this problem?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #809
Reproduced the badalloc, after hunting down the file in question on the internet.
The cause is that my code partially trusts the length reported by foobar2000 (three hours), which leads to it trying to generate a few gigs of silence when the file is unexpectedly cut short.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #810
SciLexer update - v.2.28 (now 2.26)

http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaHistory.html

p.s.: can be done showing the time when where position you hover (as in mpc-hc seekbar)?

english is not my native language

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #811
I strongly recommend against dropping in a binary build of SciLexer, at least until I remember if I build mine in any special way.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #812
Hey! I updated to the latest version just now. I was using the one of last april or something like that.

When I click the "Frontend settings..." button, nothing happens.

I've installed the vs2010 SP1 dependency that appeared on the "Links" section in the first post, as well as the directX runtime.
The component was installed by the select component dialog from foobar2000.

I  also tried manually copying the DLL's "frontend_direct3d9", "frontend_direct2d", "SciLexer" to the foobar2000 root (and then restarted fb2k), but nothing happened.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #813
You should not move the companion DLLs out of the user-components/foo_wave_seekbar directory. All that will achieve is that the component will not find those frontends, and fall back to the GDI one.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #814
0.2.13.10 should fix the bad_alloc exception when analysing large broken files.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #815
You should not move the companion DLLs out of the user-components/foo_wave_seekbar directory. All that will achieve is that the component will not find those frontends, and fall back to the GDI one.

I tried installing the component with fb2k before doing that, and the frontend settings dialog didn't open.

The console doesn't say nothing, and there is no window that "opens and closes". The button  (apparently)  just doesn't do anything.
If it's of any help, I'm running Windows 7 x64, with an nvidia card.
DirectX and nvidia drivers are up to date, as well as the OS.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #816
Note that "frontend settings" only does things when the Direct3D9 frontend is selected and used. There was some previous versions that accidentally had it enabled for non-Direct3D frontends.
When reporting something, don't say "latest version". I've released a handful in the last few days alone.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #817
I get crashes using wave_seekbar since yesterday. I didn't change anything on purpose. Tried a update to the newest Version and foobar2k v1.1.8 beta 6, but still crashes.
Here is a crashdump: http://mir.cr/0WRDPBNV
If I just remove foo_wave_seekbar, it works.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #818
JoSch: What DirectX redist do you have installed - june 2010, february 2010? Have you've done something silly like deployed D3DX DLLs manually or renamed them? Is this the default effect, or one you've customized or gotten from elsewhere?
You seem to be on an ATI graphics card. Try fiddling with your cats.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #819
I have the June 2010 Runtime, just tried reinstalling it with no success.
dxwebsetup also says I have got the newest version.
I have done nothing like that, as far as I remember.
It is the default effect. It also happens if i remove the foobar2000 folder in %APPDATA% and create a new one. As soon as I add the seekbar anywhere, it crashes. Here is a crashdump with only this component, apart from the default ones: http://mir.cr/1GCPNMDU

My Graphics card is a Radeon HD 4870 and I have the newest driver (11.8).
The strange thing is, it was working for some time and I don't remember changing anything related to DirectX/3D before it failed. (Windows wouldn't boot and I had to decrypt the whole HD and then run the boot repair tool, but that shouldn't change anything)
All other 3D Applications/Games I use run fine.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #820
Note that "frontend settings" only does things when the Direct3D9 frontend is selected and used. There was some previous versions that accidentally had it enabled for non-Direct3D frontends.
When reporting something, don't say "latest version". I've released a handful in the last few days alone.

I have the Direct3D frontend selected.
Previously I had a seekbar.fx effect that I was using, but it got "overriden" with the current installed wave seekbar version 0.2.13.10, but I can't edit because of the problem I mentioned earlier.
You sound a little bit "angry" or something. I'm just trying to report that small problem. The rest of the component has been working flawlessly for a long time now, and no known crashes so far.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #822
You sound a little bit "angry" or something.

Nah, it's just a bit annoying to not have the information at hand needed to diagnose something, especially if I cannot reproduce it on any of my machines.
Are you using CUI or DUI? Is there any difference if a track is playing or not?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #824
just updated, and now I get this message:

Failed to load DLL: foo_wave_seekbar.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

I checked the component folder, and it's there... I see 4 files in it

I have directx 11 btw and windows 7...