IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Development of ABC/HR for Java, Split from "Closing listening-tests.info"
Sebastian Mares
post Dec 6 2009, 22:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6613

BTW, another problem is that schnofler apparently stopped development of ABC/HR for Java, coding something in Silverlight would require an expensive IIS server, and I don't know how to program in Air or Flash or even if those would be suitable for a testing application. ABC/HR has certain limitations and bugs that I don't know how to fix. Last time it didn't work correctly with JRE 1.6 and even with JRE 1.5 it had the problem that on some machines, a click was hearable when playing certain files (it always happened for the same files).

--------------------
http://listening-tests.hydrogenaudio.org/sebastian/
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
stigc
post Jan 4 2010, 22:57
Post #2

Member No.: 18660

QUOTE (Sebastian Mares @ Dec 6 2009, 22:53) *
BTW, another problem is that schnofler apparently stopped development of ABC/HR for Java, coding something in Silverlight would require an expensive IIS server, and I don't know how to program in Air or Flash or even if those would be suitable for a testing application. ABC/HR has certain limitations and bugs that I don't know how to fix. Last time it didn't work correctly with JRE 1.6 and even with JRE 1.5 it had the problem that on some machines, a click was hearable when playing certain files (it always happened for the same files).

If you have the source, i could try fix the errors and missing features.

+Quote Post
Alex B
post Jan 28 2010, 18:39
Post #3

Member No.: 24472

I noticed that my old laptop has Java 5u16 on XP Pro SP2. I tried 053a and 0.53a legacy. They report the same "could not find main class" problem. The "legacy" version on Windows 7 & Java 5u22 is not any different. It does not work.

I installed the last build of the "5" series on Windows 7 in last November because I wanted to be able to use ABC/HR JAVA. I remembered the problems with "6" and didn't even try it. The old ABC/HR Java v. 0.52b works fine on 32-bit Windows 7 & Java 5u22.

However, I don't think this is an issue for Windows users anymore. I wonder if it is an issue for anyone who is using some other OS.

--------------------
http://listening-tests.freetzi.com
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 16:55