Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with scrobbling under foobar2000 1.0 (Read 8723 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with scrobbling under foobar2000 1.0

Hellou 

Question: Are you people able to scrobble on last.fm, using foobar v 1.0?

Reply #1
of course. the latest version of this component only works with v1.

Reply #2
lovely.. I guess I'm the only one whose last.fm acts if foobar doesn't exist on my computer..  can't get it to scrobble in any way. not even getting an error msg, nothing..
Ideas? cuz it's beginning to eat my nerves..

Reply #3
are you talking about the last.fm client software? because this component is completely separate.

Reply #4
Excuse me but.. in all this talking above as and on pages before this.. -what component are we talking about now? 
I'm saying I'm not able to scrobble anything from foobar to last.fm. I reinstalled v1.0 of foobar, reinstalled last.fm. Installed audioscrobbler for foobar, tried without it, tried without the plugin for last.fm cuz it says v 0.9 ..etc

So.. are we understanding each other, or am I understanding you? 

Reply #5
well i'm using the component in the first post of this thread. have you configured it with your username and password. (File>Preferences>Tools>Audioscrobbler). have you checked the foobar console (found on the view menu)?

Reply #6
yep, I did that. configured the username & pass.....
So let me ask you.. I should only have installed the foo audioscrobbler, nothing else?  I leave the plugin for last.fm alone/do not install it? cuz I tried with & without that plugin, just with audioscrobbler like I said.

Reply #7
don't install the last.fm plugin. absolutely no need for it.

Reply #8
I didn't. Anyhow.. I tried scrobbling, again, and nothing happens.

If you, or any1, has an idea or will to fix this in my case- maybe we should try fixing it over pm, so we don's spam here in some way..

Reply #9
Please provide some additional information beside that it isn't working for you.
  • Which version of foo_audioscrobbler is listed under 'Preferences > Components'?
  • What is displayed at the foobar2000 console at 'View > Console'?
  • Have you enabled scrobbling at 'Preferences > Tools > Audioscrobbler' at 'Enable Audioscrobbler'?

Reply #10
1. v 1.4.6

2. "Audioscrobbler: Handshake successful.
Opening track for playback..
"

3. yes, I have

EDIT: nevermind, something finally worked!

Thank you for your assistance, Florian

& Thank you marc2003 

Reply #11
Please provide some additional information beside that it isn't working for you.
  • Which version of foo_audioscrobbler is listed under 'Preferences > Components'?
  • What is displayed at the foobar2000 console at 'View > Console'?
  • Have you enabled scrobbling at 'Preferences > Tools > Audioscrobbler' at 'Enable Audioscrobbler'?

I have exactly the same problem.

1. the version is 1.4.6
2.Audioscrobbler: Handshake successful.
3. yes

any suggestions, please?

Reply #12
Later edit: it seems that the audioscrobbler 1.4.6 is working independently from lastfm's desktop software and a part of the problem seems solved, but I find the artist info in the desktop software extremely useful and I'd like to solve this issue too.

Reply #13
Hi everyone!
I have occasional problems with foobar2000 1.0.I am using foo_audioscrobbler component 1.4.6.The problem is that on random occasions next thing happens: sometimes when a track is playing at foobar2000,on last.fm page it is showing as now playing,but then,when the track finishes it is not put in the recently listened tracks.Also,sometimes a track is not shown as now playing but is put into the recently listened tracks section on last.fm.Why is this happening?Also,i keep getting some errors in console like "bad session ID" but it is not fixed after restart of foobar.Any help?

P.S.I am using only foo_audioscrobbler component,no other software used for scrobbling.

Reply #14
(...)
I have occasional problems with foobar2000 1.0.I am using foo_audioscrobbler component 1.4.6.The problem is that on random occasions next thing happens: sometimes when a track is playing at foobar2000,on last.fm page it is showing as now playing,but then,when the track finishes it is not put in the recently listened tracks.(...)

I have the same problem:
* foo 1.
* scrobbler 1.4.6 only
* all checked, seems to be ok.

In logs I always find stuff like that:
Opening track for playback: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mp3"
Playcount sync: Contacting Last.fm....
Playcount sync: Last.fm responded "OK"
Audioscrobbler: Submitting track...
Audioscrobbler: Submission succeeded.

but sometimes there is no info on last.fm about now playing od recently submitted. any ideas?

Reply #15
(...)
I have occasional problems with foobar2000 1.0.I am using foo_audioscrobbler component 1.4.6.The problem is that on random occasions next thing happens: sometimes when a track is playing at foobar2000,on last.fm page it is showing as now playing,but then,when the track finishes it is not put in the recently listened tracks.(...)

I have the same problem:
* foo 1.
* scrobbler 1.4.6 only
* all checked, seems to be ok.

In logs I always find stuff like that:
Opening track for playback: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mp3"
Playcount sync: Contacting Last.fm....
Playcount sync: Last.fm responded "OK"
Audioscrobbler: Submitting track...
Audioscrobbler: Submission succeeded.

but sometimes there is no info on last.fm about now playing od recently submitted. any ideas?

this is strange - since I installed 1.0.1 today i haven't been able to scrobble. it seems to be a problem on audioscrobbler's end though:

DNS error (11001)
Audioscrobbler: DNS error : could not resolve "post.audioscrobbler.com"
Audioscrobbler: Waiting 240 seconds to retry.
Audioscrobbler: Still awaiting handshake. Cache contains 1 tracks.
Opening track for playback: "D:\soulseek\!! UNORGANIZED\06 Heads.mp3"
Audioscrobbler: Still awaiting handshake. Cache contains 2 tracks.

Reply #16
i keep getting
'Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed: Bad user/password. Please correct the user/password information you have provided.
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed.'
but i know for a fact that the username and password that i am using is fine.