Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_component_manager (Read 73942 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_component_manager

Reply #150
Bug report:

Component crashes foobar while downloading foo_podcatcher update.

edit: after manually updating component manager to the newest version,
problem solved.

foo_component_manager

Reply #151
Just thought I'd mention that latest foo_queuecontents is version 0.2. Manager is saying 0.1.1 and that XML file is out of date.

foo_component_manager

Reply #156
I hope this component isn't dead, wonder if someone else could update the xml and then we can change the url, in case the current developer has abandoned this project.

foo_component_manager

Reply #157
Hi everyone,

Apologies for not updating the xml list or component for the past two weeks. I've been unable to update the component for the reason given below.

I fell ill on the 4th March with an incredibly painful headache and it was soon discovered that the headache was being caused be a brain aneurysm. I had brain surgery the past week to clamp the aneurysm and, thank God, the surgery went without a hitch (in the face of a stroke or worse). I've only just gotten out of hospital and require rest at home for the next month or so.

Given this very rapid change in my life, I've decided to take a step back from component development and focus more on my immediate family and life in general. So I'm afraid I will be taking a break from contributing to this component for the next few months, if not permanently.

The component is open source so anyone else may continue development, and anyone is free to host and update the xml file themselves.

Thank you everyone who has taken the time to use the component, report bugs, and make all of the numerous xml suggestions.

foo_component_manager

Reply #158
fraganator - that is terrible, but I'm glad you're doing well.  Thank you for all you've done, you will be in my prayers, take care of yourself and we look forward to your healthy return in the future.
Was that a 1 or a 0?

foo_component_manager

Reply #159
Hi everyone,

Apologies for not updating the xml list or component for the past two weeks. I've been unable to update the component for the reason given below.

I fell ill on the 4th March with an incredibly painful headache and it was soon discovered that the headache was being caused be a brain aneurysm. I had brain surgery the past week to clamp the aneurysm and, thank God, the surgery went without a hitch (in the face of a stroke or worse). I've only just gotten out of hospital and require rest at home for the next month or so.

Given this very rapid change in my life, I've decided to take a step back from component development and focus more on my immediate family and life in general. So I'm afraid I will be taking a break from contributing to this component for the next few months, if not permanently.

The component is open source so anyone else may continue development, and anyone is free to host and update the xml file themselves.

Thank you everyone who has taken the time to use the component, report bugs, and make all of the numerous xml suggestions.

That is awful man... Rest easy, and have a stable, swift recovery.

foo_component_manager

Reply #160
I'm sad to hear that. Hope you get better soon and recover fully.

foo_component_manager

Reply #161
terribly sad to hear about that fraganator, but glad all has gone well for you given the circumstances.

hope you make a full recovery soon

foo_component_manager

Reply #162
I'm sorry for you. I hope you'll be fine

foo_component_manager

Reply #163
Fraganator, hope you make a full recovery.

Will pray for your wellness.

Thank you for your work.

foo_component_manager

Reply #164
We should probably upload the source to a code hoster. I suggest Launchpad or Github, any objections/preferences?

foo_component_manager

Reply #165
google code or sourceforge?

foo_component_manager

Reply #166
I wish you all the best, frag!

foo_component_manager

Reply #167

You take care  and  get bad to full health, thanks for all your effort but concentrate on what is important  for you and your family.

foo_component_manager

Reply #168
all the best wishes to fraganator. take care of you man and i hope for you full recovery.

even thought one of the most promising attempt for auto update probably died

foo_component_manager

Reply #169
anyone want to take over this plugin? would be ashamed if it died, if anything someone could run the xml stuff maybe.

foo_component_manager

Reply #171
fraganator - Get well soon! That is terrible news, I hope you'll be alright!

foo_component_manager

Reply #172
A big thank you to everyone for their support and well wishes. It really does mean a lot  Headaches have completely gone, it's just a matter of waiting for energy levels to slowly return.

By the sounds of things this component will be superseded by foobar2000 core at some point in the near future. To quote Peter on foo_component_manager (on the day of its release):
Quote from: Peter link=msg=0 date=
Not to discourage anything, but I think this idea sucks, this task needs to be implemented by core and without idiotic limitations like requiring foobar2000 to be running as admin.
If you choose to continue developing this, you'll be in for a serious disappointment a few foobar2000 versions later when your work becomes completely obsolete.

foo_component_manager

Reply #173
A big thank you to everyone for their support and well wishes. It really does mean a lot  Headaches have completely gone, it's just a matter of waiting for energy levels to slowly return.

By the sounds of things this component will be superseded by foobar2000 core at some point in the near future. To quote Peter on foo_component_manager (on the day of its release):
Not to discourage anything, but I think this idea sucks, this task needs to be implemented by core and without idiotic limitations like requiring foobar2000 to be running as admin.
If you choose to continue developing this, you'll be in for a serious disappointment a few foobar2000 versions later when your work becomes completely obsolete.

thats a good thing to hear that youre doing better... considering peters quote... good to hear that stuff and looking forward to next releases with renewed hope

foo_component_manager

Reply #174

Awesome!

A few foobar versions later, huh? Looking forward to that! No reason why a solution that works right now (without requiring foobar to run as admin, I might add) is an idea that "sucks", though...