Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1 (Read 12573 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1 has been released.
This is a maintenance update addressing various issues found in the 1.0 release as well as adding minor new features.

Download...

List of changes:
  • Undecodable tracks now get substituted with 1s of silence to prevent deadlocks with dodgy third-party components.
  • Worked-around bug in Windows 7 with status bar repaint glitches.
  • Windows Media streaming compatibility improvements.
  • Fixed notification area icon being incorrectly shown in certain conditions.
  • Audio format support updates: added support for decoding Wave64 and RF64 formats, added built-in support for writing Wave64 format.
  • Added folder name wildcard matching for album art search.
  • Added a workaround for horribly broken Asus Xonar drivers.
Read full change log...
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #3
Thanks for the update!  I was a little worried that after the 1.0 milestone was reached, development would slow down.  I'm relieved to see that this is not the case.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #4
Added a workaround for horribly broken Asus Xonar drivers.

What's wrong with xonars? The playback problem when GX is enabled (i think i've read it somewhere) or something else?

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #6
Thank you for the update Peter.
Is it possible to present a buffering progress bar reading a streaming media and a prompt message when the streaming media is dead? Thank you.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #7
dded built-in support for writing Wave64 format.
  • Added folder name wildcard matching for album art search.

I can breath again 
Many thanks for this minor but precious modification!

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #8
Amazing, amazing  software I just started using. Installed the new beta and it seemed to require a lot more memory than 1.0. Or is it just my machine?

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #9
Describe "a lot more memory".
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #11
What OS?

Vista and Win7 don't idiotically swap out a programs memory to the page file when minimizing like XP does.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #12
What OS?

Vista and Win7 don't idiotically swap out a programs memory to the page file when minimizing like XP does.

Yep, XP Home sp3 is what I am running. I will try it on the laptop to see what happens there, but it is running XP also (Professional).

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #13
Installed 1.01 beta on a laptop running XP Professional. As I expected, same result. It seems that the beta version uses the same ~16 meg of ram whether minimized or not. I have the spectrum visualization running, so I believe the memory usage should drop when fb2k is minimized. It does with 1.0. Not that familiar with the program yet though.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #14
I am experiencing memory problems as well. After checking and unchecking various options and temporarily disabling almost all of my components, it seems, that beta1 foo_ui_std.dll is not releasing memory when minimized to the notification area on Win XP SP3. Copying over the 1.0 final foo_ui_std.dll fixes the problem.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #15
It's just the working set. Changing working set means that real "memory usage" stays the same, only some parts of it are paged out to disk.
Forcefully trimming the working set is unnecessary, the system will page out memory which hasn't been touched for a long time itself anyway, but even better, only when needed.
So I can see the difference between 1.0 and 1.0.1 here, but I don't see anything wrong with it performance wise.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #16
Me neither, so 'problem' might has been the wrong expression. Just pointed it out, since it was not mentioned in the changelog but has changed from the previous version.
edit: Just out of curiosity. Is it not incosistent, if the behaviour for minimize and minimize to notification area is different?

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #17
Yeah, that's just because "standard minimize" is system behavior, while "minimize to SNA" is a hack, intercepting the original minimize command and hiding the window instead. Also there is no difference there on Vista & Windows 7 at all.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #19
Goes to show you how often relative paths are used...

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #20
My relative paths work fine. I just don't care about playback statistics.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #21
Yeah, that's just because "standard minimize" is system behavior, while "minimize to SNA" is a hack, intercepting the original minimize command and hiding the window instead. Also there is no difference there on Vista & Windows 7 at all.

I just re-read this. I did not realize there was much difference between standard minimize and minimizing to the notification area. I had FB2k set to minimize to the notification area for 1.0 and 1.01 beta when I checked the memory usage previously.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #22
My relative paths work fine. I just don't care about playback statistics.

That's like saying you have a memory leak problem that causes a BSOD, but because you aren't doing anything, you say there's no problem...

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #23
That's like saying you have a memory leak problem that causes a BSOD, but because you aren't doing anything, you say there's no problem...
No, that's not like it at all. It's saying that there is a problem that can lead to data loss, but it does not affect a certain (large?) group of users. So if you don't use both features in combination, you don't have to worry about it. If you do, you'll have to hope that Peter includes a fix in the next version (and not later).

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 1

Reply #24
Works great on Xonar now! Thanks ever so much!