IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

XLD: I can't burn my rips: CUE+WAV. Please Help, XLD (and OS X) n00b. Please help!
Bad Tax
post May 5 2010, 11:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80418

I'm a mac OS X and XLD n00b. (Please be patient).

I have ripped a CD with XLD to CUE+WAV and I tried using Burn (Version 2.4.1u) to burn it, but it crashed. I then rippedd a (test) CD single as CUE+AIFF and Burn was able to burn that successfully. So I thought that's the key, use AIFF's instead of WAVs.

But no. I re-ripped the original CD as a CUE+AIFF but Burn just crashed when I tried to burn it. I am beginning to think Burn isn't up to the task.

Does any one have any recommendations for a good, reliable free app that will burn CUE files and WAV/AIFF/FLAC etc (as opposed to BIN)

Thank you
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bad Tax
post May 6 2010, 10:56
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 80418

Thank you guys. Removing the CATALOG line fixed the problem. (Both in Burn and SimplyBurns)

Why would the test CD single not have CATALOG line in it's CUE sheet, both were ripped using XLD? I would have thought that XLD would have a uniform CUE sheet for all CDs?

Once again thank you. I would never have thought the bug was in the CUE sheet. I would have presumed it was the burning software. You've saved an OS X and XLD n00b from ruining in circles trying to get unnecessary burning apps that would never have fixed the problem.

Cheers. wink.gif

+Quote Post
greynol
post May 6 2010, 16:16
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

QUOTE (Bad Tax @ May 6 2010, 02:56) *
I would never have thought the bug was in the CUE sheet.

It isn't a bug in the CUE sheet. Did you read the edit in my previous post???

CDs do not have to have CATALOG numbers, so don't be surprised to see some that don't. XLD didn't omit anything. wink.gif

This post has been edited by greynol: May 6 2010, 16:18

--------------------
Your eyes cannot hear.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:46