Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What are the correct ASIO4ALL settings for Foobar2000 v0.9.6.9? (Read 4871 times) previous topic - next topic

What are the correct ASIO4ALL settings for Foobar2000 v0.9.6.9?

Reviewing several sites I get conflicting recommendations regarding the ASIO4ALL settings for Foobar2000.

Will some expert please tell me how to set ASIO4ALL.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Realtek High Definition Audio card

My current ASIO4ALL settings are:

In 32 samps
Out 32 samps

Hardware buffer not set
Kernel buffers 2
Always re sample not set
force not set
ASIO Buffer Size 2048

-------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I get stuttering from Foobar. Could this be due to my ASIO4ALL settings?

Reply #1
ASIO4ALL is pointless to use with fb2k.

If your card doesn't have real ASIO drivers, use Kernel Streaming or WASAPI output instead.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Why is ASIO4ALL pointless to use? It does work as a real low latency ASIO device.

Reply #3
For the Nth time: low latency rendering is completely pointless for music playback. You want high latency for better protection against stutters.
Stutters that the original poster is experiencing are a fine example of self-inflicted problems.
Don't use ASIO with foobar2000 unless you have a real reason to (which achieving low latency is not).
Topic closed.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.