Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1 (Read 47231 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1 has been released.

Download and change log.

Please also read the release notes!

Please Note: This thread is for discussion, not bug submitting!
If you think you have encountered a bug in a beta build, report it to the Support forum in it's own thread, as usual.

Split threads:
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=714281']Crash on playback: I have illegally modified version?[/a]
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=714293']Weird behavior adding Library Paths[/a]
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=714511']Upgrading to 1.1 beta 1, library database deleted[/a]
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=714236']New Converter UI[/a]

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #1
I like the new way of installing components. The only problem I seem to be having is that I can't seem to install components in .7z (such as foo_dop) without first uncompressing them. ZIP files work out of the box.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #2
Hey, WTF???    I can't install it at all! I have Windows XP x64 SP2, but that damn insaller says:

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #3
Adding a few points to the change log:
  * Ability to delete the now-playing track
  * Special service to allow sane decoding of DTS/HDCD for WAV, CDDA, FLAC and WavPack (direct 16-bit data)
  * ML viewer selection playlist reordering improvements
  * ML folder watching behaviors configurable (right-click on folders in ML preferences etc.)
  * Pretty notification about missing output device
  * Workaround for broken file open/save dialogs on some Vista+ systems
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #4
How does one update components when they are a developer and testing thier components?

Surely they must not install their component each time they debug it?

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #5
You can add a post-build step like 'copy "$(TargetPath)" "$(SolutionDir)fb2k-test\components\"' like before, the old-style storage method still works, just doesn't allow for automatic management from the Preferences.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #6
Ah, excellent, thanks!

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #7
Looks good even though I am not a big fan of the bolded font used on setting's menus (might be my visual style causing this also).

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #8
* Special service to allow sane decoding of DTS/HDCD for WAV, CDDA, FLAC and WavPack (direct 16-bit data)

Can you elaborate on that a bit more?

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #9
Hey, WTF???    I can't install it at all! I have Windows XP x64 SP2, but that damn insaller says:

that's odd, it installs fine for me. (same OS/service pack)

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #11
foobar2000 can now automatically download and install updated versions of components published

How long does it automatically update the addon? You can configure this parameter?

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #12
possible bug...

using the menu:
File -> Folders -> Browse Components Folder

it opens up to %appdata%\foobar2000\user-components\foo_utils

shouldn't it be going to:
%appdata%\foobar2000\user-components

?

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #13
possible bug...

using the menu:
File -> Folders -> Browse Components Folder
Not a bug. That command is from foo_utils. It just opens whichever folder foo_utils.dll is in. It doesn't know anything about global vs. per user components.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #14
foobar2000 can now automatically download and install updated versions of components published

How long does it automatically update the addon? You can configure this parameter?

fb2k doesn't go online without you telling it to.
You have to press the "Get Updates" button in Preferences: Components.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #15
Not a bug. That command is from foo_utils. It just opens whichever folder foo_utils.dll is in. It doesn't know anything about global vs. per user components.

ah, gotcha...totally makes sense.  i've been running foo_utils for so long didn't even realize it wasn't part of the default install.

[edit-adds]
and by the way, thanks to the devs for all latest efforts! 

i love the move of the user-components to %appdata%\foobar2000.  makes it much easier to backup all the important files.

the converter looks cool.  and i totally love the new add of "Copy other files to destination folder:"; it's great to finally be able to auto copy folder.jpg, etc with the converted files!
once you have your presets setup, it's nice to be able to see a summary of current settings and just hit convert without having to tab through the settings pages.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #16
Component update doesn't work for all the components published on http://www.foobar2000.org/components yet. I pressed "Get updates" and foo_wave_seekbar got updated. If I press "Get updates" once more, foobar says "No updates are available at this time". But foo_dop wasn't updated, although the current version (0.6.8.2) is newer than the one installed (0.6.8.1).

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #17
But foo_dop wasn't updated, although the current version (0.6.8.2) is newer than the one installed (0.6.8.1).
foo_dop (like the rest of musicmusic's components) isn't hosted on foobar2000.org.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #18
Thanks for the new version!

Out of curiosity - what is the purpose of storing each component in its own directory?

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #19
But foo_dop wasn't updated, although the current version (0.6.8.2) is newer than the one installed (0.6.8.1).
foo_dop (like the rest of musicmusic's components) isn't hosted on foobar2000.org.

The main page of foobar2000.org says that v. 1.1 introduces automatic updating of components "published on the official components site" with the link to http://www.foobar2000.org/components. It doesn't say that the component files  should be hosted on foobar2000.org. I can guess the reasons of such behavior, but this is a bit misleading, because one cannot tell which components are hosted on foobar2000.org until visiting the component's page and looking if there is a "Download" or "Home page" link on it.
Besides, there are known successful implementations of component update feature which work regardless of where the components are downloaded from (Firefox being the best known one). I think the current limitations make the great new feature of foobar2000 v. 1.1 much less useful than it could be.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #20
foo_auto_rating and foo_dsp_downmix report not being able to run after moving the components to the user folder.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #21
Out of curiosity - what is the purpose of storing each component in its own directory?
I haven't designed this, but I can make an educated guess. Some components require files (data or DLLs) in addition to their foo_*.dll. By keeping everything from a component in one folder, it is easier to update or remove components. Otherwise you would need a database to track which files came with each component.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #22
foo_auto_rating and foo_dsp_downmix report not being able to run after moving the components to the user folder.

foo_dsp_downmix works here. Don't forget to copy libfftw3f-3.dll to foobar2000 folder or plugin folder.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #23
Converter -> fooCDtect2 -> "Not a valid command-line encoder"
This worked in 1.0.3

Also, I don't like the converter dialogue, that is first takes you to the presets when clicking [...]. I understand what you are trying to achieve, namely being able to quickly access different MP3/FLAC profiles. However, the added complexity in this case reduces usability. Instead, profiles should ONLY be added to the right-click dialogue, but when clicking [...], the user should be taken to a TABBED dialogue of Output format/Destination/Processing/Other/Save as Preset. This is the general usability consensus for windows GUIs and saves the user one step.

foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1

Reply #24
A small issue that I encountered. My custom buttons in CUI (the png ones) were not displayed after updating to the new beta. This seems to be because the libpng13 DLL was moved with the CUI DLL to the profile directory. Replacing it in the main foobar2000 directory solved the problem.