IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Converting new music to high quality
BassHead
post Aug 7 2010, 12:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82675

I have alot of new music that I want to convert to high quality. I have some music that is on MP3 LAME 320kbps and is in joint stereo. The music is on the most updated LAME version. The rest of my music is on MP3 Fraunhofer 320kbps and is also in JS. My questions are: What codec should I use to convert my new music? How many kbps? or should I use WMA lossless or MP3 Helix? add use CBR, VBR, or JS when converting?

This post has been edited by BassHead: Aug 7 2010, 12:33

--------------------
BASShead
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
garym
post Aug 7 2010, 12:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 35261

QUOTE (BassHead @ Aug 7 2010, 06:33) *
I have alot of new music that I want to convert to high quality. I have some music that is on MP3 LAME 320kbps and is in joint stereo. The music is on the most updated LAME version. The rest of my music is on MP3 Fraunhofer 320kbps and is also in JS. My questions are: What codec should I use to convert my new music? How many kbps? or should I use WMA lossless or MP3 Helix? add use CBR, VBR, or JS when converting?

No conversion can increase the quality of your music files. The best you could do is to get the SAME quality (by converting from mp3 to, say, FLAC or some other lossless format). But this would be a waste of time and space as all you'd have would be a lossless version of a lossy file (a lot larger with no improvement in "quality", however that is defined). Do some reading on lossless (FLAC, etc.) and lossy compression. You'll find lots of info on the web and at this site.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 20:57