Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tags are sometimes not displayed (Read 2558 times) previous topic - next topic

Tags are sometimes not displayed

Hey,

since a while (think since update from 1.0.3->1.1.1) I've a problem with %rating%-tag which is not always displayed.

As you can see in the picture below rating is not displayed on tilte "Loneyliness" regardless it is created the same way like the rating @"littel lion man"

Has anyone an idea about that?

Yours,

Schuft

Reply #1
Temp change the custom column pattern on the simple Rating column. Instead of %rating% try meta$(rating).
If the rating tag now shows, the issue is explained in detail within the thread on the foo_playcount. If so, let me know and I will try for a short summary

Reply #2
Hey tpijag,

$meta(rating) solved my problem!

But I don't understand why, or what the difference between $meta(rating) and %rating% is.

Could you give me a short explination?

Thank you!

Reply #3
You have been using Foobar for a long enough time that you have used 2.xx and now 3.xx versions of foo_playcount.

Some of your files you TAGGED with rating and the data went to the files metadata tag.
Some of your files you have rated since the change to 3.xxx and that data is being stored in the foo_playcount component itself.
If within the component the rating is empty that is what it will show regardless of file tag - unless you override with $meta.

IOW, foobar prefers the information in the component and will default to that unless you tell it otherwise.

You can do a mass update and copy all rating metadata to the component. Select all your files, Library>playback stats>import. Test on small sample first.
Now the component has all your info and it will show without having to use $meta. Metadata within the files can be erased also, if you wish.

terry

Reply #4
Thank you - you cleared all of my misunderstandings :-)