Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_biography vbs using Amazon PA API (Read 8741 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_biography vbs using Amazon PA API

[attachment=6306:foo_amazon.7z]
I'm uploading this archive here as script inside has wsc dependence, which may be challenging for some users to make it work, although it's nothing complicated: both files needs to be in same folder

Files inside:
[font= "Courier New"]foo_amazon.vbs  // foo_uie_biography vbs script
SHA-256.wsc    // js hash algorithm needed for signing request[/font]

It's working framework for fetching Amazon reviews based on Product Advertising API

Basic usage: [font= "Courier New"]cscript //Nologo foo_amazon.vbs "%album artist%" "%album"[/font]

or: [font= "Courier New"]cscript //Nologo foo_amazon.vbs ASIN#[/font] if user has ASIN tag

Script also accepts creator roles (for classical music):

[font= "Courier New"]cscript //Nologo foo_amazon.vbs "Conductor=%conductor%" %album% [/font]

i.e. [font= "Courier New"]foo_amazon.vbs "Conductor=John Eliot Gardiner" "Great Mass in C minor"[/font] outputs:

Release: Mozart: Great Mass in C minor /McNair * Montague * Rolfe Johnson * Hauptmann * English Baroque Soloists * Gardiner
ASIN: B0000040YW

John Eliot Gardiner conducts Mozart's Great Mass with the Monteverdi Choir and the English Baroque Soloists. Or rather, what exists of the work: Mozart had imagined a work so ambitious it could never have been completed.  What we do have--thanks partly to reconstruction by the conductor of this recording--is one of Mozart's most idiosyncratic works, rich in contrasts between the past (Bach and Handel) and the present (modern Italian composition). A wonderful disc.

Review by Joshua Cody

Other creator roles include Composer and Author and all use Classical SearchIndex. If roles aren't set (basic usage), general music is assumed

Reply #1
this is awesome! big fan...how easy is it to adapt these scripts? was hoping to sort one out that lists information from discogs, such as previous releases, similar artists etc.

Reply #2
it should be easier that amazon for sure, as you won't need to do crypto acrobatics with something not designed to do so - VBS
plus, data provided by discogs is more relevant for music player then amazon data, but I posted it as possible framework

of course, you can do it in any language you prefer, it only needs to output text to stdout

Reply #3
it should be easier that amazon for sure, as you won't need to do crypto acrobatics with something not designed to do so - VBS
plus, data provided by discogs is more relevant for music player then amazon data, but I posted it as possible framework

of course, you can do it in any language you prefer, it only needs to output text to stdout

fair enough, its just the fact that I have no coding knowledge/experience!

Reply #4
Then you might want to check this and other two I wrote in foo_uie_biography thread to see how they work. VBS should be easy to comprehend for such example
And if you make it for rolldabeats, I'll be your biggest fan 

Reply #5
you sure you dont want to make it?