Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SPDIF on Win 7—stuttered, perfect via exclusive mode for 3 d, now none (Read 5306 times) previous topic - next topic

SPDIF on Win 7—stuttered, perfect via exclusive mode for 3 d, now none

Hello everybody!
I am running genuine Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and have installed K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.7.0. I am using Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.4.2803.0 for watching HD movies with Dolby Digital (DD) and Digital Theater System (DTS) formats.   
My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeGamer and my audio system Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System. 
I have the latest driver installed for Windows 7 from Creative website 2.18.0015. 
I couldn't get a clear, crisp sound through SPDIF; sound stucks like it was a bad CD that hangs over and over again; sometimes (very strange, happened only 2 times) the Power button from Logitech System fade away for a few seconds then comes back and the sound interrupts and crackle.
Eventually I managed to get PERFECT sound through SPDIF ticking only "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" from the Advanced tab of SPDIF Out Properties, but ONLY for 3 days. 
My PROBLEM is that (no matter what settings I have) suddenly I have NO SOUND AT ALL through SPDIF !!!
I use AC3 filter for SPDIF passthrough and the Logitech Digital SoundTouch™ control center shows "No Digital Data". 
I would also like to mention that on Windows XP I had NO PROBLEM.   
I want from now on to have Windows 7 on my computer but also to be able to listen DD & DTS audio formats. 
Can someone help me, PLEASE?   

Thank you in advance,

Lucian23