Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Radiohead’s The King of Limbs released as 320 kbps MP3 and WAV (Read 4818 times) previous topic - next topic

Radiohead’s The King of Limbs released as 320 kbps MP3 and WAV

So, although I haven’t given much/enough attention to the three albums of theirs that I own, I noticed that today Radiohead released their new album The King of Limbs as a digital download, with CD and vinyl to follow later. The same schedule was followed by its predecessor In Rainbows, although that was on a donate-what-you-want basis. The latter album also garnered some criticism (at least from my brief look at past topics here) for being released as 160 kbps MP3s only.

Well, The King of Limbs is available to purchase as 320 kbps MP3 and WAV. Considering these formats, presumably compatibility was their main concern; and this precludes complaints about there being no lossless version, as occurred with In Rainbows. I thought it might be interesting to ask what people think, and perhaps if someone can confirm the MP3 encoder and settings that were used.

Of course, if I get into the band properly, I’ll probably buy the album myself.  As for the albums I have, they’re The Bends, OK Computer and In Rainbows. I’ll have to look into the hidden connection between the latter two!