Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [WIN 7] Volume Control won't work (Read 3919 times) previous topic - next topic

[WIN 7] Volume Control won't work

Yesterday I formatted my PC and installed the new Version of foobar2000 (1.1.5). Today I'm suffering problems with the volume control. When I drag it in any direction nothing happens. It's always at the same volume level, though the controller (the one you can drag) works. When I'm using the volume control of Windows 7 and change the volume of foobar2000 there, nothing will happen, too.
Launching foobar2000 in compatibilty of Win XP SP3 solves the problem, but it's not meant to be that way, isn't it?

I'm using a fresh and clean install of foobar2000 (no components, no themes) on Windows 7. My Soundcard: Asus Xonar DS (I did set it as my device under "Playback"->"Output").

Reply #1
Disable the GX DSP function which is hooking the DirectSound output and preventing the Windows 7 mixer from applying the application volume level to the output.

Reply #2
Thanks, it works!!

Reply #3
For future readers, he means the GX button in the Asus Xonar Audio Center.

Took me 20 minutes of repeatedly searching through foobar menus to realize it wasn't in there, haha

Reply #4
I had the same problem. Another solution might be starting foobar in compability mode xp sp3.