Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: An APE file that won't decode (Read 2272 times) previous topic - next topic

An APE file that won't decode

This is not a biggie for me, but I have stumbled on a Monkey's Audio file that won't decode. The file decodes fine with other tools like dBpoweramp (codec R10), CUETools, Monkey's Audio GUI v.4.06 and MAC.exe v.4.06. The file's PCM content is fine. I can convert it to FLAC or Wave with other tools and the converted files work normally in fb2k.

It is a test file for checking cue converters' and players' timing accuracy. It contains only a few "ticks" that mark the track boundaries, otherwise it is silent.

Code: [Select]
Item: "F:\Test\ape problem\cue_accuracy_test.ape"
Error: Unsupported format or corrupted file

1 item could not be correctly decoded.

List of undecodable items:
"F:\Test\ape problem\cue_accuracy_test.ape"

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "F:\Test\ape problem\cue_accuracy_test.ape"
  Error decoding source file at 34:29.920 : Unsupported format or corrupted file

MAC.exe v.4.06 verifies it OK, but interestingly the old MAC v.3.99 has the same problem as foobar2000:

F:\Test\ape problem>mac cue_accuracy_test.ape -v
--- Monkey's Audio Console Front End (v 4.06) (c) Matthew T. Ashland ---
Verifying...
Progress: 100.0% (0.0 seconds remaining, 4.1 seconds total)
Success...

F:\Test\ape problem>mac cue_accuracy_test.ape -v
--- Monkey's Audio Console Front End (v 3.99) (c) Matthew T. Ashland ---
Verifying...
Progress: 90.1% (0.9 seconds remaining, 8.4 seconds total)
Error: -1

foobar2000 v1.1.5 & Monkey's Audio Decoder v. 2.1.5

The file is available here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=87527