IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Bitstream DTS-HD?
ppataki
post Apr 6 2011, 17:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77891

Dear All,

I would like to bitstream DTS-HD with foobar2000 through HDMI
I have installed the WASAPI plugin but if I want to play a .dts or .dtshd file I get an unsupported file format error
Then if I install dts plugin as well foobar decodes dts and sends multichannel way through HDMI...

Could you please advise?

Many thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
andy o
post Dec 30 2011, 04:06
Post #2

Member No.: 68950

It's trivially easy to pass through DTS in any of its forms with modern enough hardware and software (starting more than 2 years ago for DTS-HD). DTS Interactive was a quick fix for a problem that existed with SPDIF connections of not being able to pass multichannel LPCM, but that's moot now with HDMI. DTS-I will recompress your probably already compressed audio so it's not ideal by any means. If you're having any trouble, I'd recommend Windows Vista/7 with one of this or previous generation HDMI graphics cards, plus a DirectShow player like Media Player Classic, plus LAV filters, which will let you enable bitstreaming of all these new audio formats. ffdshow also does it, as should TotalMedia Theatre, but I haven't been using it since version 3, and I think they only allow bitstreaming for blu-ray discs. But, this is the foobar2000 forum...

This post has been edited by andy o: Dec 30 2011, 04:07
+Quote Post
Perocat
post Mar 18 2012, 18:46
Post #3

Member No.: 93883

If you convert DTSHD with eac3to to multiCH flac and then stream that as multiCH to the receiver, there isn't difference between the first and the second choise. Either the computer and the receiver are not decoding anything, only the computer is reading the flac file. I am right, or not?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 15:50