IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Bitstream DTS-HD?
ppataki
post Apr 6 2011, 17:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77891

Dear All,

I would like to bitstream DTS-HD with foobar2000 through HDMI
I have installed the WASAPI plugin but if I want to play a .dts or .dtshd file I get an unsupported file format error
Then if I install dts plugin as well foobar decodes dts and sends multichannel way through HDMI...

Could you please advise?

Many thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
andy o
post Dec 30 2011, 04:06
Post #2

Member No.: 68950

It's trivially easy to pass through DTS in any of its forms with modern enough hardware and software (starting more than 2 years ago for DTS-HD). DTS Interactive was a quick fix for a problem that existed with SPDIF connections of not being able to pass multichannel LPCM, but that's moot now with HDMI. DTS-I will recompress your probably already compressed audio so it's not ideal by any means. If you're having any trouble, I'd recommend Windows Vista/7 with one of this or previous generation HDMI graphics cards, plus a DirectShow player like Media Player Classic, plus LAV filters, which will let you enable bitstreaming of all these new audio formats. ffdshow also does it, as should TotalMedia Theatre, but I haven't been using it since version 3, and I think they only allow bitstreaming for blu-ray discs. But, this is the foobar2000 forum...

This post has been edited by andy o: Dec 30 2011, 04:07
+Quote Post
Sandrine
post Mar 19 2012, 18:40
Post #3

Member No.: 81991

QUOTE (andy o @ Dec 30 2011, 04:06) *
But, this is the foobar2000 forum...

... and if foobar falls flat in any area it's bitstreaming. I still don't understand why there's no out-of-the-box interface available for those formats that support it like DTS and it's hi-res brethren, to name one. Yes, it needs WASAPI exclusive mode to work, but that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully Peter will come up with something when the WASAPI rewrite becomes available.

This post has been edited by Sandrine: Mar 19 2012, 18:41
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 13:13