Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: oggdropXPd bug (Read 5800 times) previous topic - next topic

oggdropXPd bug

Hi.

I believe I've found a bug in oggdropXPd, but I'm not sure to whom or how to report it.  I googled and searched rarewares to no avail.

Does anyone have any information on filling a bug report for oggdropXPd??

Thanks.

oggdropXPd bug

Reply #1
Post the bug here so other people can confirm it.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

oggdropXPd bug

Reply #2
And so I can look into it if it is real.

oggdropXPd bug

Reply #3
Great!  Here is the problem I'm having.  I'm a classical music fan (and no that isn't the problem ) and I have been using the unicode character for sharp (♯) and flat (♭) in my flac filenames when appropriate.  When I use oggdropXPd (oggdropXPd V.1.9.0 using aoTuVb6.02) and drag-n-drop a flac file whose name contains one of these characters, I get this error "Cannot open input file "<filename>'  error is Invalid argument (22)".

If I rename the file, removing the sharp or flat character, oggdropXPd works fine.

oggenc2 from the command line doesn't have this problem, so that has been my workaround.  But I would really like it if oggdropXPd could handle flac filenames with these characters.

Thanks for looking into this!

oggdropXPd bug

Reply #4
Great!  Here is the problem I'm having.  I'm a classical music fan (and no that isn't the problem ) and I have been using the unicode character for sharp (?) and flat (?) in my flac filenames when appropriate.  When I use oggdropXPd (oggdropXPd V.1.9.0 using aoTuVb6.02) and drag-n-drop a flac file whose name contains one of these characters, I get this error "Cannot open input file "<filename>'  error is Invalid argument (22)".

If I rename the file, removing the sharp or flat character, oggdropXPd works fine.

oggenc2 from the command line doesn't have this problem, so that has been my workaround.  But I would really like it if oggdropXPd could handle flac filenames with these characters.

Thanks for looking into this!

OK, thanks for the info. I'll look into this, but unless I find a resolution in the next couple of days, it'll have to wait until after I return on 2 May from an Easter trip to France.

Edit: This is a unicode issue and will not be trivial to resolve, so it will not happen until some time during the first half of May, at the earliest.

oggdropXPd bug

Reply #5
Wonderful.  Don't hurry for a fix on my part...oggenc2 is working fine.

Thanks for all of your work on these ogg tools!