Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CELT decoder component (Read 9730 times) previous topic - next topic

CELT decoder component

Reply #1
this component does not work for me.  I used CELT 0.10.0 to encode, which played fine in rhythmbox.  in foobar2000, I was able to add a bunch of files to the playlist, but none of the CELT files played.  the response was something like "unsupported or corrupted file".

CELT decoder component

Reply #2
Your encoder version is too old, the component is for the latest bitstream version. To quote celt-codec.org: "Since CELT is still in development, most new releases (even minor ones) change the bit-stream, so compatibility is not preserved."

CELT decoder component

Reply #3
Does that mean that now (0.11.2) encoded celt audio, may not decode in next celt revision?

CELT decoder component

Reply #4
Celt developers are now preparing for a bit stream freeze. meaning if some bugs which may greatly improve codec quality or performance will show up compatibility with current revision might break. They would like to avoid this as I understand.