Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Reliable Lyrics plugin (Read 6041 times) previous topic - next topic

Reliable Lyrics plugin

hello everyone, I'm running Foobar2000 version 1.1.5.
I tried various lyrics addons for foobar2000 but when i ran the online troubleshooter i always got the message that the lyrics addon was unstable.
Is there a lyrics addon that is stable and works perfectly and doesnt crash the system? If yes then please mention.
Thanks!

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #1
bump, anything usable?

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #2
I really like Lyric Show Panel (foo_uie_lyrics).
Sometimes, it even downloads timestamped ones fairly decently!
(Though not very often given anything other than a Miley Cyrus taste in music)
Works pretty well and is fairly configurable.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion though godrick, I might try the br3tt script WSH panel combo if I ever want more flexibility.
Where do you find timestamped/synced lyrics online?
I've never been able to figure out what database Lyric Show Panel dls from.

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #3
http://foo2k.chottu.net/

There's a component that's not flagged by the online troubleshooter.

The catch:
-it doesn't download lyrics.  Bring your own.
-it doesn't handle [offset] tags.  Apply them yourself (write a program to do it for you)
-it doesn't read UTF-16 files.  Rewrite them in UTF-8 (or ANSI).

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #4
The grabber was fine till the bugs started walking up my back. Now I just need some application to download and store them in tags. Any suggestions? thanks

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #6
Now I just need some application to download and store them in tags. Any suggestions?

Try MiniLyrics[/u] ($10 - $25 to register & kill the pop-up nag).    I use it with Winamp...  I haven't tried it with foobar2000, but it's supposed to work with most players including foobar.   

The MiniLyrics database had synchronized lyrics for about half of my songs.  (The database also has unsynchronized lyrics.)  You can configure it to create LRC files and/or embed the lyrics.

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #7
foo_uie_lyrics3  gets lyrics from viewlyrics.com + other databases, whereas MiniLyrics seems to just use viewlyrics.com. foo_uie_lyrics3 also enables synchronised display and file or tag saving + fully integrates as a panel in DUI or CUI.

Reliable Lyrics plugin

Reply #8
Thanks, foo_uie_lyrics3 works like a charm.