Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Integrity Verifier not multithreaded (Read 3156 times) previous topic - next topic

File Integrity Verifier not multithreaded

The file integrity verifier does not seem to be multithreaded. There could be alot of time saved if is was. Is the author still active? If so, I for one would love to see a multithreaded implementation of the verifier.

Reply #1
The file integrity verifier does not seem to be multithreaded. There could be alot of time saved if is was. Is the author still active? If so, I for one would love to see a multithreaded implementation of the verifier.

The verifier is part of fb2k (not a 3rd party plugin) and developed by the same guy as fb2k itself.

But you're right, it processes files sequentially instead of in parallel like other components. I'd like to see this changed as well.
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #3
File Integrity Verifier
By: Peter

Peter be bossman

Reply #4
Forgive me not knowing the inner workings of this community. I would however like to thank all of those making foobar2000 possible. It is without a doubt the most versatile music player I have ever used.

Reply #5
Forgive me not knowing the inner workings of this community

what, no smiley. Just providing info, if you heard attitude you be wrong.

Reply #6
Thank you for pointing out the author is the same as the author of foobar2000. I had no intention of offending you. Just a case of miscommunication I guess...

Reply #7
I'm checking the integrity of my music collection right now after rescuing it from a bad RAID. And I have to say I would love to see this component multi threaded, too...