IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Batch converting WMA/MP3 collection to AAC - KEEPING EMBEDDED ALBUM AR
ClashRocker
post Jun 9 2011, 23:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91377

Been trying all evening to find something that can convert my entire collection of MP3 and WMA audio to AAC and keep the embedded album art, so far nothing has worked.

I would prefer something based of Nero's AAC encoder, as I hear it's the best.

can someone suggest a solution? For a format that's trying to be the next MP3, I figured an easy way to migrate would be a must!

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
saratoga
post Jun 9 2011, 23:21
Post #2

Member No.: 3264

QUOTE (ClashRocker @ Jun 9 2011, 18:12) *
For a format that's trying to be the next MP3, I figured an easy way to migrate would be a must!

Generally one migrates by reripping CDs, or just ripping new CDs into the new format. Converting from MP3 to AAC makes very little sense unless you have some peculiar circumstance. What are you trying to accomplish?
+Quote Post
ClashRocker
post Jun 9 2011, 23:29
Post #3

Member No.: 91377

QUOTE (saratoga @ Jun 9 2011, 23:21) *
QUOTE (ClashRocker @ Jun 9 2011, 18:12) *
For a format that's trying to be the next MP3, I figured an easy way to migrate would be a must!

Generally one migrates by reripping CDs, or just ripping new CDs into the new format. Converting from MP3 to AAC makes very little sense unless you have some peculiar circumstance. What are you trying to accomplish?

I have a vast collection of music 80% WMA, 20% MP3, and my new Android Honeycomb tablet doesn't support WMA! I wanted to migrate the media to a ISO standard like AAC. I realise that re-encoding is not ideal, and for some of my favorite stuff, I will re-rip from CD straight to AAC, but I need a quicky and dirty solution for everything else.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 20:13