Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My first mastering attempts (Read 2847 times) previous topic - next topic

My first mastering attempts

I recorded some some songs for a friend, just he and and his guitar recorded with a simple stereo recorder in his living room, and now I'm trying to figure out how to master them properly. As I never did that before it would be great to get some feedback by people with experience in this field. If you like, please have a listen to the unmastered and mastered sample and tell me if I went into the right or wrong direction and whether I went too far or not far enough.

I didn't want to mess with the natural ambience so I just added an equalizer for tonal balance and a 3-band compressor in order to tighten up the bass and to tame the vocals a bit but leaving the transients intact (at least I hope so). I tried to use it very carefully because I don't want to participate in the loudness war

Thank you!