IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Jethro Tull fans?
bsmooth
post Jun 29 2011, 17:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91678

I've really been into Tull for ages, especially his earlier; Agualung, Benefit, but the albums just don't seem to be well recorded at all. I've been playing with the files in Audacity, and some just look terrible on the graphs shown bt frequency response, there just straight lines with no dynamics at all. I remeber seeing the same frequency response charts for albums, and even they look better.
What would be your advice for me to somehow improve these recordings? His later stuff is great as well, and I especially like Crest of a Knave, and A Little light night music(I think its called), which seem to be much better recodings. I did a search here and it would seem the recordings and studio shall we say weren't quite finished.
Anyway to get the recordings of the DCC Aqualung without spending an arm and a leg? Also I saw there were "Red Label" recordings under a remastered CD's thread, and wondered what those were and If they were available.
Matter of fact anyone who could be of assistance in the help of letting me know what the best recordings of Tull are ? maybe there still vailable somewhere.
Too bad I can't rent the better recordings , but I understand that would be a copyright infringement. When do copyrights run out anyways?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 16:55