Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help with CueTools and burning, understanding the offset option in CueTools
JERECHO
post Jul 13 2011, 01:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88710

I have .wav files from a cd that was ripped a long time ago. I don't know what it was ripped with. When I load the files in Cuetools and verifiy them I get this..

AR: offset 33, rip accurate (12/12), CTDB: verified OK, confidence 83, or verified OK, confidence 13.

What do I do with the offset of 33 to get a perfect burned copy of the cd?
I usually use EAC to burn my cd's from my own non-compliant cue sheets. My drive has a read offset value of 6 so in EAC in the drive write options I put in a -6 to compensate. I tried changing it to -33 for this perticular disc to burn but when it was done and I re-ripped it Accuraterip says it cannot be verified as accurate so I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be great.

thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sauvage78
post Jul 13 2011, 04:18
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 53282

Your drive offset in EAC & the offset in CT from another drive are not the same thing. You cannot use one to fix the other...

It seems your CD was ripped by a drive with non-corrected +33 offset. Use CT fix offset feature & then burn with your correct drive offset.
I haven't burned in a while but that should do the trick, AFAIR.

Your CD might be accurate but in the end without a CUE Sheet you will never know for 100% sure if your CD is a perfect copy (Outside of raw audio data).
For exemple the original CD might have pre-emphasis which you will never know. Those cases are very rare but exist.

That gave me the idea that maybe CTDB should store pre-emphasis flag info for dummy cue, just like data track length.

Edit: Why is this in the upload forum ?

This post has been edited by sauvage78: Jul 13 2011, 04:54

--------------------
CDImage+CUE
Secure [Low/C2/AR(2)]
Flac -4
+Quote Post
greynol
post Jul 13 2011, 06:32
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

Never heard of a drive with an offset of 33 samples and I doubt anyone else around here has either.

With that in mind, why correct what is a perfectly good rip just to match a particular pressing that you don't own?

This post has been edited by greynol: Jul 13 2011, 06:33

--------------------
Your eyes cannot hear.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:56