Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why I love Hydrogen Audio (Read 7613 times) previous topic - next topic

Why I love Hydrogen Audio

http://forum.blu-ray.com/audio-theory-disc...4-bit-when.html

I got to page three, and my face was so thoroughly buried in my hands by that point that I just couldn't subject myself to any more.

May the scientific method and objectivity always find a way through.  *raises a toast to HA community* 
FLAC -2 w/ lossyWAV 1.3.0i -q X -i

Reply #1
It's funny how many internet forums are full of the blind leading the blind - i.e. there's not one person there who understands any of the subject matter properly.

With audio we also have the delusional preaching to the gullible.

Sometime I think that most people are stupid. But then I see that most people who can afford it don't bother with audiophile nonsense. So maybe most people aren't that stupid after all. When products succeed or fail, there are usually good reasons related to the experience of real people.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #2
It's funny how many internet forums are full of the blind leading the blind.

That's exactly what I think when I see Barry Diament's posts at Steve Hoffman forums.

Even qualified/expert people fall sometimes into perception bias.

Reply #3
http://forum.blu-ray.com/audio-theory-disc...4-bit-when.html

I got to page three, and my face was so thoroughly buried in my hands by that point that I just couldn't subject myself to any more.

May the scientific method and objectivity always find a way through.  *raises a toast to HA community* 

Sorry I couldn't even make it past pg. 1. I could as well listen to the conversation of old ladies at a beauty parlor...

Long live the scientific model!

Reply #4
It's funny how many internet forums are full of the blind leading the blind.
  I only recently found this site and only just signed up, but the reason for signing up was for this reason.
It may have been a while (or maybe quite a while) since I studied FFTs (as per one of the FFT for dumies thread on the home page) but it is good to get factual posts about the subject rather than inaccurate anologues to other things.

Reply #6
As an HTPC fan and an early HD-DVD adopter, I'm angry at people like this commenter over there:
Well, PCM 5.1 192 kHz/24-bit was one big reason why I chose BD over HD DVD.

Screw you, commenter. HD-DVD was the more consumer friendly format, and all I hear from early blu-ray fanboys was how more space implied sound could be better. Now we have to deal with all kinds of DRM crap that it's almost impossible for a regular person who buys a new PC to play a new blu-ray disc out of the box. No one I know who has a blu-ray enabled PC takes bothers to take advantage of it. And as such, dismal-quality with limited content streaming companies like Netflix are rising in popularity while the highest quality content is probably gonna fail soon. HD-DVD would at least have had a fighting chance.

Reply #7
Wow, and apparently the "Super Moderator" is an antivaxer.

Reply #8
What?

Reply #9
I believe that is anti-vaccination.

Reply #10
that it's almost impossible for a regular person who buys a new PC to play a new blu-ray disc out of the box.

I have tried two different programs to play blu-ray through my machine.
I had two programs (power DVD and the Corel one) that were able to between them read about 75% of the software, until after upgrading to windows 7 nothing worked anymore. I did not want to spend any more money for upgrading products that are simply incompatible.  I finally gave up and bought a cheap exterior player. BD is nice pictures but a nightmare to run on a pc.

Reply #12
Oh! Hahahaha.