Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Radio hosts failing to announce song titles and artists (Read 3005 times) previous topic - next topic

Radio hosts failing to announce song titles and artists

introducing or back-announcing every song ''would be annoying and fatiguing for our listeners''
From: Name that tune, by Jeff Jenkins, in The Age Green Guide, 2011/10/27.

Some good points, but I think actively discovering new music has become a minority interest.

Reply #1
I don't see how "radio" and "discovering new music" fit together. The major radio stations in my country play highly standardized pop/rock/singer-songwriter juice on rotation, heavily advertising every addition to their playlists as the new discovery by artist XYZ.

Reply #2
Now, yes, but having grown up with John Peel on the radio I like to think it wasn't always the way things were. I imagine radio in the late sixties & early seventies was how the majority got to hear all the new music that was creating such waves. Perhaps I'm just romanticising.

Reply #3
Simple: RDS compatiable radio that displays it in text.  Hear a new song, look at the display.  In fact if more radios had it as a basic feature, they would be less chatter between songs.