IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

More questions from a potential winamp defector, Moderation: Can it be docked/mini-mode? Ff/rwd within track? Podcasts?
vaterp
post Dec 22 2011, 17:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95938

Hi all,

Hope you dont mind another post about potentially going from winamp to foobar. I tried searching for this and couldn't find what I wanted, hope its not all a big dupe.

Anyway, my questions:

1) The one thing I love about winamp, despite some of it's flaws, is the really thin dock bar. I've found some posts re/ foobar that it can't create a dock bar like that. Okay, perhaps I can deal with that loss of functionality - but can it be skinned to a "mini-mode" like view, like winamp even if it can't be "docked"?

2) Can it be configured to have optinoal (gloabl hotkey if possible) fast forward / rewind inside a track? I like a 5 sec and 30 sec ffwd button when listening to podcasts. Winamp only has 5 sec skip with no way to configure. This would be a bonus on foobar if this can be done.

3) Can I write play counts, last played, and ratings into the tag files? I hate losing all this information when I switch players or computers. I found a lot of references to a foo_playcounts but I can't seem to find it. I even found a good webpage that describes it but it has no download links... is this still supported? (I'm talking about this link: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...(foo_playcount) ).... am i missing something? How do you actually get it?

4) Finally, the podcast support in winamp is really whats turning me off it -- its real immature and featureless. I played a bit with foo_podcatcher and honestly its not that great either. In podcasting support I'm comparing this to media monkey or itunes. I dont like them that much as players, but they are definitly better with podcasts. So with that said, for those of you that use foobar -> how do you capture /download your podcasts? do you use foo_podcatcher? Do you use a 3rd party rss reader and then just import into foobar? If so which one?

Thanks to all that take the time to try and help!

This post has been edited by vaterp: Dec 22 2011, 17:41
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 23:22