IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

FhG encoder - how to automatically add the "tool" tag?, adding "tool" tag to each converted track
Pete7874
post Jan 19 2012, 20:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96263

Using Foobar2000, when I convert something using for example the Nero AAC codec, it automatically adds a "Tool" tag/attribute to each file. This "tool" attribute tells me that a given track was encoded using Nero 1.5.4.0.

I recently started using the FhG AAC codec (fhgaacenc.exe), and this codec does not add such a tag/attribute. Is there any way to configure either the codec itself or Foobar2000 so that it would?

I like being able to see what codec was used to create a particular AAC file.

Thanks!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sluggy
post Jun 23 2012, 15:53
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 100900

QUOTE (Pete7874 @ Jan 19 2012, 19:57) *
Using Foobar2000, when I convert something using for example the Nero AAC codec, it automatically adds a "Tool" tag/attribute to each file. This "tool" attribute tells me that a given track was encoded using Nero 1.5.4.0.

I recently started using the FhG AAC codec (fhgaacenc.exe), and this codec does not add such a tag/attribute. Is there any way to configure either the codec itself or Foobar2000 so that it would?

I like being able to see what codec was used to create a particular AAC file.

Thanks!

Yeah this would be good if fraunhofer could add this, it would be helpfull so you could tell which encoder version was used and which preset.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:33