IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Aborting update check not possible?
John2K
post Feb 3 2012, 15:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96308

I'm using foobar 1.1.10 final on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Just ran the check for updated components, and for some reason (temporary connectivity issue at my end maybe, or a network problem somewhere along the line), the check seemed to hang indefinitely. "Not a problem", I thought, "let me just press the Abort button like so". Unfortunately for some reason the Abort button was grayed out (see screenshot below), which made it completely useless of course. I tried this more than once to confirm (as long as the connectivity problem remained), and the button was indeed grayed out every single time.

The Preferences dialog couldn't be closed either, so the only way out was to close foobar itself. This duly displayed the following error:

After answering Yes however, foobar still didn't close. The update check and Preferences dialog went away, but I was still left with a "not responding" foobar window that needed another forcible close attempt to finally disappear. Of course, next time round I got the foobar safe mode query as expected.

So my question plus suggestion is - 1) why is the Abort button disabled? and 2) if I then try to forcibly close foobar, ideally the update check, Preferences dialogand foobar itself should be closed in one go.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
John2K
post Feb 11 2012, 18:25
Post #2

Bump. Is the Abort button disabled for everyone? If so, it would be nice to have the bug acknowledged at least.
+Quote Post
Peter
post Feb 12 2012, 16:16
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

Acknowledged, thanks for reporting.

--------------------
This job would be great if it wasn't for the users.
+Quote Post
John2K
post Feb 20 2012, 15:12
Post #4

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Peter. smile.gif

The bug's still present in 1.1.11 BTW, so hope it can be added to the known issues list: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=58351
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:27