IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Writing Metadata to WAV files
Metalninja89
post Feb 17 2012, 22:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97224

Hey so I am kind of new to using lossless audio especially WAV, and I'm really organized with all my music files I always fix the metadata if it's off and I'll add artwork and lyrics but I cannot seem for the life of me to write that kind of data to WAV files. Is it even possible? I usually use mp3tag pro for mp3's and FLAC's and it works fine for that, can anyone help please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kwanbis
post Feb 18 2012, 06:12
Post #2

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 2425

QUOTE (Metalninja89 @ Feb 17 2012, 22:37) *
I always fix the metadata if it's off and I'll add artwork and lyrics but I cannot seem for the life of me to write that kind of data to WAV files.

Sorry, why would you use WAV over FLAC? Is it because of some software/hardware requirement?

This post has been edited by kwanbis: Feb 18 2012, 15:57

--------------------
MAREO: http://www.webearce.com.ar
+Quote Post
Metalninja89
post Feb 18 2012, 23:13
Post #3

Member No.: 97224

QUOTE (kwanbis @ Feb 17 2012, 21:12) *
QUOTE (Metalninja89 @ Feb 17 2012, 22:37) *
I always fix the metadata if it's off and I'll add artwork and lyrics but I cannot seem for the life of me to write that kind of data to WAV files.

Sorry, why would you use WAV over FLAC? Is it because of some software/hardware requirement?

Well maybe I can clarify this here, because I thought that even though both WAV and FLAC are considered to be lossless audio I thought that WAV was kind of like the best for lossless formats considering the bit rate is always a bit higher than FLAC files.
+Quote Post
trout
post Feb 19 2012, 04:43
Post #4

Member No.: 68400

QUOTE (Metalninja89) *
[...] the bit rate is always a bit higher than FLAC files.

If you compress a WAV file with FLAC, the FLAC file can be decompressed back to a WAV file and the result will be 100% identical to the original. It is not just "perceptually" the same, but exactly bit-for-bit the same. Likewise, when you play a FLAC file, the decoded audio output is identical to that of the original WAV / PCM / CD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:32