Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recommended program for FLAC tagging ? (Read 16026 times) previous topic - next topic

Recommended program for FLAC tagging ?

Hello,

a)What programs are recommended to tag existing FLAC files ?

b)And whether it's recommended or not, is WinAmp ok to tag files ? (I mean no compatibility problems or anything.)

Thank you.

Reply #1
What kind of program do you want? GUI- or commandline-based?

If the former, I believe many users here would recommend MP3tag. Other programs that support Vorbis Comment tags include foobar2000.

If the latter, there is an offical tool: metaflac

Reply #2
A GUI, at least for now.
Thank you.

Reply #3
What's a little bit disappointing about MP3tag is that it doesn't seem to support multiline 'comments' field.

Any comments about this ? Should I avoid multiline comments ?

Reply #4
Maybe we mean different things, but I have lots of comment fields with multiple lines, and MP3Tag works with them quite happily. Press control-enter at the end of the line to create a new line.

It only shows up properly (on my installation) when I view it under extended tags (right click - extended tags - double click on "comment"), but it definitely works, and when I view the comment in Foobar it appears on multiple lines.

Reply #5
Press control-enter at the end of the line to create a new line

I've been using MP3Tag for years - and yes, I have read through most of the documentation  - and *still* I'm learning new things about it - thanks!
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #6
I use kid3 for a gui.. for command line it's metaflac