Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi crashes sometimes (Read 1850 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_midi crashes sometimes

Sometimes foobar2000 crashes after midi file played to the end. I believed it was because I was switching between BASSMIDI and VSTi modes all the time, but last time it just crashed after playing single midi file few times and I did not touch any options. I've got some crash reports and involved midi files zipped, maybe that can help to shoot the bug: foo_midi_crash.zip

Reply #1
What SoundFonts are you using?

Reply #2
Usually, I use SFLIST with these two soundfonts inside:

Fluid R3 GM.sf2
Fluid R3 GS+SFX Portion.sf2

They are taken from Ubuntu packages fluid-soundfont-gm and fluid-soundfont-gs. But I think it crashed with other soundfonts too.

Reply #3
I can't reproduce the issue with those MIDI files, but the crashes appear to occur irrelevant to which MIDI file is being played. I'll forward the crash dumps to Ian, but I don't know if he'll be able to do anything with only mini dumps.

Reply #4
Is there anything else I can do when it crashes again?

Reply #5
Sending you a PM with further instructions.