IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is it best to burn cds straight to flac?
keenly
post Mar 9 2012, 15:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96655

I have tried burning to wav, wma and my ONKYO 6 disc changer wont play the WAV at all even though my sony blu ray will.

I have cdburnerxp which can burn straight to flac; would this be the best bet for cd rs to play on cd player?

I mean albums already stored as flac of course(not mp3 to flac)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tpijag
post Mar 9 2012, 20:09
Post #2

Member No.: 53637

You may call them AUDIO all you like, but if, as you say, you are burning wav files to a cd, they are data cd's not audio. As already explained it is not uncommon that one of your hardware players is choking on them. Burn them as audio and they will play.

There is a huge amount of information on this available via search and likely within the wiki.

This post has been edited by tpijag: Mar 9 2012, 20:10
+Quote Post
keenly
post Mar 9 2012, 20:27
Post #3

Member No.: 96655

QUOTE (tpijag @ Mar 9 2012, 20:09) *
You may call them AUDIO all you like, but if, as you say, you are burning wav files to a cd, they are data cd's not audio. As already explained it is not uncommon that one of your hardware players is choking on them. Burn them as audio and they will play.

There is a huge amount of information on this available via search and likely within the wiki.

I burnt them as AUDIO discs via cd burnerxp
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Mar 9 2012, 20:36
Post #4

Member No.: 3264

QUOTE (keenly @ Mar 9 2012, 14:27) *
QUOTE (tpijag @ Mar 9 2012, 20:09) *

I burnt them as AUDIO discs via cd burnerxp

If you put one of these disks into your computer, what type of file do you see on it?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:58