Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

XLD: Enabling Chapter Markers with ALAC
sankuru
post Apr 6 2012, 21:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93229

Hello,

I am trying to take a bunch of albums that are currently ripped to individual ALAC files and convert them to single ALAC (one file-per-album) files with embedded Quicktime chapter markers using the latest version of XLD (20120226). I believe I have everything set up as it should, yet when I import the created files into iTunes, it only recognizes the albums as monolithic files instead of individual tracks.

By that I mean, if I import the created file "+/- - Holding Patterns.m4a" that is a single file containing 5 tracks, iTunes only displays it as a single audio track called "+/- - Holding Patterns" instead of the 5 individual tracks embedded in the file.

My assumption has been that to enable this, it requires checking the "Embed cue sheet as a chapter" option and transcoding to a single file + cue sheet? Is that correct or is there more/something different that needs to be done? Or is this option not actually functional at this time?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
RobertoDomenico
post Apr 7 2012, 01:24
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 95208

QUOTE (mixminus1 @ Apr 6 2012, 23:05) *
AFAIK, XLD does not have the ability to create and embed chapters in .m4a files, and when I was looking for a way to do that several months ago, I couldn't find any (freeware) solutions for directly converting a .CUE sheet to a QuickTime chapter file and embedding it in an .m4a/.mp4.

XLD has been able to do this for a while now.

It works identical as chapter markers in quicktime movies. XLD will rip the tracks to one large file that quicktime will play with chapter markers. iTunes does not seem to display chapter markers. The cue file can be used with any player that supports cue files.

This post has been edited by RobertoDomenico: Apr 7 2012, 01:41
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:36