IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DarkOne: Cover art blurred, or: How to upgrade and not understand what has gone wrong.
guycool2
post Apr 18 2012, 10:47
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 8
Joined: 18-April 12
Member No.: 98936



I have a specific setup that I use where I work. I still have the old setup so i'm not screwed up, but i would really like to update my config.
Here is my problem.

Before:

Foobar 1.1.5
DarkOne Theme 3.0.1 by tedgo [Link]
(1) TouchRemote DACP Server component (iPod Remote control)
(2) Popup Plus Component

Cover art was shown correctly, no resize or aspect ratio modification on any album artworks.

After:

Foobar 1.1.12 beta 3
DarkOne Theme 3.0.1 by tedgo [Link]
Transferred both components and both settings files.


Problem that now occurs:
I have installed new version of foobar but everything else (Theme and component) are the same.
I have noticed, after adding my library, that most of my cover art that are in the "front covers" category shows blurred, pixellised and .. mostly very ugly looking. They are mostly standards 500px+ cover artwork that are into each folder of my collection.
Thing is that with that theme, you can also switch to the embedded (icon) artwork with a single click and this one shows perfectly fine, fully sized, without aspect reduction or resizing.

Has there been a modification in how foobar collect/process/get the cover art from folder structure or the plugin that does it?

I have copied the jscripts from my old foobar installation to my new one thinking the theme had a malfunctioning function or thinking i may have modified my old installation but it would have been less than likely since i don't know this coding language.
I also thought foobar was storing a small thumbnail of those cover arts somewhere but didn't find anything related to this matter.

Last thing that completely mystifies me.
It doesn't affect my whole collection. I don't have exact statistics but I have lots of albums with blurred pics, some others are fine and i can't find any link anything to why this happens.

It worked perfectly fine with the version specified above.

If anyone has a clue, please help? If you need more details, i can probably make a video or take screenshots :/

Thanks alot in advance.

This post has been edited by guycool2: Apr 18 2012, 10:50
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
marc2003
post Apr 19 2012, 00:38
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 4326
Joined: 27-January 05
From: England
Member No.: 19379



QUOTE
They all look like this: "[Cover] %album%*.jpg"


if the [] are part of the filename, you'll need to use single quotes around them because they are special characters in foobar title formatting. eg

CODE
'['Cover']' %album%*.jpg
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
guycool2
post Apr 19 2012, 00:47
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 8
Joined: 18-April 12
Member No.: 98936



QUOTE (marc2003 @ Apr 18 2012, 18:38) *
QUOTE
They all look like this: "[Cover] %album%*.jpg"


if the [] are part of the filename, you'll need to use single quotes around them because they are special characters in foobar title formatting. eg

CODE
'['Cover']' %album%*.jpg



That does work in the coding in WSH panels, but not in foobar config. adding the quotes prevents foobar from finding any covers.

the removal of all the albumartsmall from various folders did help restore the original behavior of foobar. Now im just trying to find why foobar goes for 'folder.jpg' first instead of my customnamed covers, even if i removed that line.

This post has been edited by guycool2: Apr 19 2012, 00:48
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:15