Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mixing Mono Samples with Stereo Samples, Audio DSP using C#
AltAudio
post Apr 19 2012, 06:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98974

Hello,

I've got two streams of audio sample that are stored in arrays, one mono and one stereo. I'd like to mix the mono into the stereo stream and output as stereo. Any known examples to accomplish?

Thanks in advance.........Mick
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AltAudio
post Apr 19 2012, 15:32
Post #2

How about converting the mono to stereo (two identical tracks) and then mixing normally?

Yes that's reasonable. I could convert the mono easily, so then what is the mixing normally part? Is it fairly straight-forward?
+Quote Post
db1989
post Apr 19 2012, 16:08
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

It’s one of the simplest operations that can be performed upon audio streams, so yes. Mixing two PCM streams (assuming the same sampling rate, bit-depth, and sign) is done simply by generating a new stream, each of whose samples is the mean of the corresponding two samples from the respective source files, i.e. output(sampleNumber)=(stream1(sampleNumber)+stream2(sampleNumber))/2.

This post has been edited by db1989: Apr 19 2012, 16:20
+Quote Post
AltAudio
post Apr 19 2012, 16:41
Post #4

QUOTE (db1989 @ Apr 19 2012, 10:08) *
Itís one of the simplest operations that can be performed upon audio streams, so yes. Mixing two PCM streams (assuming the same sampling rate, bit-depth, and sign) is done simply by generating a new stream, each of whose samples is the mean of the corresponding two samples from the respective source files, i.e. output(sampleNumber)=(stream1(sampleNumber)+stream2(sampleNumber))/2.

Ok, but what you describe here is creating a mono stream from stereo, correct? What I need is to mix two stereo streams.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 19:29