IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

EAC says burned CD (offset-corrected) and original are different; why?, Was "eac cd burning" (TOS #6)
gnik61
post Apr 19 2012, 13:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98987

After having followed all the instructions and setting the writer offset (+30 for matshita UJ-220) I tried to comopare the wav's . The message is that the original and my rip are -different samples. I went through the whole process again and again but nothing. Am I missing something?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
greynol
post May 2 2012, 15:41
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

Yes, follow my post in that thread, not the previous one! This discussion has made it readily apparent that going by repeated samples/missing samples is unreliable.

combined read/write samples offset correction = read samples offset correction + write samples offset

...where combined read/write samples offset correction is determined by creating an offset test CD with the write samples offset set to 0 and the read samples offset correction is determined by AccurateRip. So long as you make sure you don't perform an arithmetic error then this will always give you the correct answer. Determining the write samples offset is simple subtraction, just make sure you pay attention to the signs of your numbers. There is no need to concern yourself with what is missing, what is repeated or the meaning of the words ahead or behind.

Plug and chug, baby!

This post has been edited by greynol: May 2 2012, 17:44

--------------------
Your eyes cannot hear.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:10