IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sennheiser RS120—volume knob causes static/dropouts in 1 ear (2 pairs), [TOS #6: was "Sennheiser RS 120 problems"]
shepard
post Apr 23 2012, 02:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25434

I bought my first pair of these 4, maybe 5? years ago. I only use them to watch TV and really like them. After a couple of years the volume knob started not working properly. I hardly ever use it as I set the volume once and for most TV it is fine. Once in a rare while I will adjust them a little. What happened is that the adjustment would cause static or cutting out in one ear when turned. I figured I had them for 2 or 3 years, I would just replace them. I did and all is OK for a couple of new years with the new set. But just this week they started doing the same thing.

Is this something common with these? Seems like a loose connection or something. I searched and saw a thread here about another brand doing something similar and the suggestion was to "clean" them. Does that make any sense?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
shepard
post Apr 24 2012, 04:48
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25434

Great. Thanks! I took a quick look at those and will research further tomorrow. First glance it seems like an odd charging setup? No cradle so I guess you need to plug them in to charge? Also it appears that both the transmitter and the headphones take 2 rechargeable batteries. Package contents only indicate 2 batteries total included so maybe not.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:42