Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Soundcard for 2-channel reproduction (Read 1271 times) previous topic - next topic

Soundcard for 2-channel reproduction

Hi all,
I have a midrange audio set-up (Midrange Yamaha Receiver and a pair of Tannoy Eyris 1) connected to my PC.

If using digital out to send the audio stream to the receiver, is it worth it adding a discrete audio card, as opposed to using the Motherboard integrated audio?
My usage standards are pretty simple: music -> stereo. No gaming, movies, etc. Just music, and 2-channel.

I understand that many have asked similar questions before, but perhaps their requirements weren't as simple as mine.

thanks for your help.
Gaius

Soundcard for 2-channel reproduction

Reply #1
Hello Gaius,

I would say that the answer is in the question. If your motherboard provides S/PDIF output and your receiver provides S/PDIF input, just connect them! You're in the case (2-channels, music only) where a discrete audio card is susceptible not to bring any improvements at all.

Have a nice day,

[blockquote]AiZ[/blockquote]