IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Automatic change of audio output, [moderation: per file, based upon number of channels therein]
Perocat
post May 23 2012, 22:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93883

Hi all,

I have 90% 2CH music, and 10% 4-5-6CH music.

When I listen to stero music I use the USB output to the DAC, which can only decode stereo music. But when I listen to multi CH music I have to change output to the Marantz Receiver.

Is there a way to set automatically the output in base of the number of channel I will listen to?

Ex.:
I play the 6CH FLAC of Dark side of the moon and foobar is setted to WASAPI: Marantz.
Now I change to STEREO FLAC of The Wall and foobar automatically changes the output to WASAPI: DAC

Thank you in advance! :-)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BenB
post May 26 2012, 22:57
Post #2

Member No.: 98921

This doesn't answer your question and maybe I'm being a bit dense, but have you considered using one of the foobar components capable of downmixing/upmixing? Channel Mixer and Matrix Mixer are two that come to mind.
+Quote Post
Perocat
post May 28 2012, 01:55
Post #3

Member No.: 93883

QUOTE (BenB @ May 26 2012, 22:57) *
This doesn't answer your question and maybe I'm being a bit dense, but have you considered using one of the foobar components capable of downmixing/upmixing? Channel Mixer and Matrix Mixer are two that come to mind.

thank you! Yes... but the problem is that I want to listen to multiCH music if I have this music throught Marantz, and the stero music throught the DAC... So downmixing/upmixing DSP are not useful to me... sad.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 19:44